This is not a pretty picture for us annual upgraders

This is a discussion on This is not a pretty picture for us annual upgraders within the Verizon Specific forums, part of the Carrier Specific Discussion category; panz, have you tried running over your phone with your car? that might not be repairable, lol. I actually haven't had to try to replace ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    panz, have you tried running over your phone with your car? that might not be repairable, lol. I actually haven't had to try to replace a phone with them yet, cuz at the time that she dropped her phone in the toilet, we didn't have the black tie protection, but when we added a line to get the replacement (she hadn't added insurance when she got her phone and it was 1 day past the 30 day window for adding it, last time that I send her by herself to get a phone) they told us we could just swap it out with them through black tie if it happened again.

Currently I'm S-on and unrooted, but I'll probably reroot in the next day or so.
    Changed from WinMO to the and I'll never look back
    Home Computer OS: Windows XP
    Netbook w/ Windows 7
    Second Netbook: Google cr48

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way but...
    Beginning January 16, 2011, customers will be eligible for promotional pricing as well as special offers that we make available.
    Doesn't that mean one can upgrade whenever they want instead of waiting for 13 months? I mean your contract is for 24 months right? wouldn't it benefit them if you bought a phone, used it for less than 13 months, then bought a new one at promotional price but had to sign up for a new 2 year contract with any new terms they want to stick in there?

From VZ FAQ

What do I have to do to get a new phone with Annual Upgrade?
    You must be registered for My Verizon, be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher and have completed at least 1 year of a 2-year contract and agree to renew for an additional 2 years in order to get a new phone at a promotional price. It’s as easy as that.
    From what I get you use your phone for a year and can "upgrade" I.E. you are eligible for the promotions they offer? meaning before 1 year you would have to pay retail price if you wanted another phone...

Yeah it would suck if they nix the NE2 credit but it isn't like they literally GIVE you a new phone... it is a $30 to $50 credit. If they wanted you to wait 20 months to upgrade I'm sure they would specifically say that.

Forgive me if I am way off as I am still in the first VZ 2 year contract so I never had the pleasure of the "upgrade" process...
    Quote Originally Posted by EFINIncredible View Post
    Watchout for Razorburn
    Motorola Barrage V860
    Stock Motorola Xoom

Scoop,

Funny you mention that. When the lady sold me the black tie told me to do that. But if you actually read the document it only covers damage through normal use and does not cover it if it is in multiple pieces. It also does not cover full submersion. That's where Verizon's comes in handy, it is true accidental protection.

I've discovered that best buy associates (not just mobile) will say anything, true or not, to sell you something. If you want real answers about black tie, try best buy forums. The moderators there know what they are talking about, aren't trying to sell you something and are quick to respond.

Sorry if I sound a little jaded about best buy.

Sent from the seedy underbelly that is Idaho.

Razor,

What you just quoted from the VZW FAQ is what's going away.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    No if you look it says starting the 16th we will get "what they offer". At this point that will no longer be the old NE2 or the old annual upgrade. What it will turn out to be is the question .
    Thanks Razor for posting that. It's good to see it in print vs all the speculation only last night. Even my Verizon employee friends didn't know about it until I asked them. It just proves my point that if we get bad cs because they missed something , chances are it's because they didn't know, not that they don't care.
    Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by panz View Post
    Razor,

What you just quoted from the VZW FAQ is what's going away.

Yeah it was to make my point. Their wording was that you would be eligible for promotions after 1 year of your 2 year contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by EFINIncredible View Post
    Watchout for Razorburn
    Motorola Barrage V860
    Stock Motorola Xoom

ah, sorry. mis-read it. what i get for replying to posts when i just woke up....

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Yeah it was to make my point. Their wording was that you would be eligible for promotions after 1 year of your 2 year contract.
    Yeah its funny that they are doing away with annual upgrade in favor of adding annual upgrade according to the wording lol
    Currently if you are the primary line you can upgrade to a new phone at promotional prices after 12 months under contract . Sounds like under the new guidelines you can upgrade at promotional prices after being under contract for a year lol

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

I have stopped using Verizon to upgrade me phone. They wanted me to pay $170 (which includes a $50 discount) for my Incredible. I got it for free from Wirefly.com

Why would I pay for a phone if I can get it for FREE?

I am throughly confused here. I've read the whole thread and from what I gather from this last page is that nothing is changing? Except that secondary lines can upgrade after a year instead of only the primary line? That can't be right... Can someone spell out what this new plan is without verizon's convoluted wording? What changes? Why is it a bad thing ect
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted/ S-off
    Rom: In-Sensitive Minimalist v3.1
    Battery: Amzer 1800, stock

Ads