Phone will not boot. I'm getting five vibrations followed by green flashing led

This is a discussion on Phone will not boot. I'm getting five vibrations followed by green flashing led within the HTC Incredible Rescue Squad forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; It gets worse. The phone is currently not rooted, S-on, and I cannot boot into recovery. Unrevoked fails to push recovery and terminates. Any suggestions?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Phone will not boot. I'm getting five vibrations followed by green flashing led

It gets worse. The phone is currently not rooted, S-on, and I cannot boot into recovery. Unrevoked fails to push recovery and terminates. Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    My suggestion would be add much more info such as what was going on just prior, what you were attempting to do and how you were attempting to do it

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Rescue Squad
    The buzzes and LED flash is a qualcomm debug code. Are you able to get into HBOOT? I have a feeling this is a hardware failure but let's see if there's anything that can be done on the software side.

The phone was previously rooted, running miui 1.2.4, invisablk #28 kernel.

I received a notification that there was an update to Rom Manager. I upgraded to version 3.0.0.7. According to the app, the flash completed successfully. I then noticed that an OTA update to miui 1.2.11. I elected to download the rom. I opted to backup the data but not to wipe system. With miui flash overs usually work. The phone booted into recovery (Clockwork btw) and started the backup. It completed successfully. Then it started the installation, which appeared to complete successfully. I selected reboot phone. The phone had a few problems so I tried to reflash the rom and wipe system data. Again it seemed to complete without incident. But when I tried to reboot the phone, it would display the Incredible on white screen for about 10 seconds. Then the screen would go black, the phone would vibrate five times and start flashing the green indicator light, and that's where the phone quits. That was my first indication that something was wrong. I tried to boot into recovery but it would vibrate five times and flash green as well.

I can access hboot, so I thought I would start from scratch. So I ran unrevoked-forever-son.zip by renaming it PB31IMG.zip. I rebooted into recovery, and it seemed to work because now when I boot into hboot, S-on is set. Next I ran build-3.26.605.1-release-152016-baseband-2.15.00.07.28-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip after renaming it PB31IMG.zip, and it completed without incident. When I try to reboot my phone problem not solved, same issue.

So here is where I am, I can write to the sdcard by using a card reader in my computer. I can boot into hboot. If I run recovery with PB31IMG.zip in the root it will attempt to run. If I run recovery without a PB31IMG.zip file, result same issue.

Now here is a brain teaser. If I boot the phone and connect to the usb port on my computer and then disconnect after only 10 seconds. The phone will boot into stock Sense. But, I don't have access to my sdcard, it is unavailable.

When it boots you get the Incredible on white screen, then when the splash screen is supposed to load the screen goes black and vibrates (buzzes) five times, The indicated light then flashes green and the phone quits there.

I tried to fix it as follows. The phone will not boot into recovery (CWM), but hboot was available. (I think I'm at the post size limit, I have to post the rest in another reply)

Rescue Squad
    Just to clarify, you ran unrevoked forever through recovery not HBOOT right? It sounds like that's what you did but it's a little confusing because you renamed it to PB31IMG, which isn't necessary.

I decided to start from scratch and restore the phone to stock. I began by using unrevoked-forever-son (renamed it PB31IMG.zip and booted into recover). It completed successfully; hboot reports s-on. I then tried to flash build-3.26.605.1-release-152016-baseband-2.15.00.07.28-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip (renamed it PB31IMG.zip and booted into recovery). It completed successfully. I then rebooted the phone and still it would not boot. I tried unrevoked to root the phone and install CWM but it needs access to the sdcard for it to function.

So I can only boot into hboot or recovery if there is a PB31IMG.zip file on the sdcard.

Now here is a brain teaser. If I boot the phone and plug it into my computer's usb port for 10 seconds then unplug it (the Incredible screen on white is about to come off), the phone will boot into stock Sense rom. It's like virgin, but I cannot access my sdcard. Sdcard space is unavailable as well as Internal phone storage. Phone memory is 748 MB with Available space at 601 MB.

I suspect that not all the internal partitions are mounting. My guess is /system/data. I can't verify because I can't root my phone.

s197 I did run unrevoked-forever-son through hboot because recovery was not available.

Is there a way to s-off and install a recovery image using only hboot?

Rescue Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by asianstud69 View Post
    s197 I did run unrevoked-forever-son through hboot because recovery was not available.
    I think this might be where you screwed yourself because that file needs to be run through recovery. I think had you not done the S-On and went straight to the RUU, you would be in better shape. I'm not sure this is something you can recover from but sit tight for a bit as I called in for a second opinion. Doug knows more about these things than I do so maybe there's a workaround I'm not familiar with.

Ads