Stuck on Checking MD5 Sums in Clockwork

This is a discussion on Stuck on Checking MD5 Sums in Clockwork within the HTC Incredible Rescue Squad forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Ok. So I think I may have done something incredibly stupid. I was checking out the uncapped data MOD and noticed nobody has said it ...

+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Stuck on Checking MD5 Sums in Clockwork

Ok. So I think I may have done something incredibly stupid.

I was checking out the uncapped data MOD and noticed nobody has said it wouldn't work on the MIUI ROM (I noticed someone posted up in XDA saying it worked on 1.1.7) so I figured I would give it a shot. I made a backup of my current setup (MIUI 1.1.26), placed the .zip on my SD and flashed.

From this thread. xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD] Data Service Governer Killer - Updated with How To:
    Someone linked to it from the MIUI forum.

The problem: After my phone booted up the white HTC Incredible splash screen, the screen would go blank and not do anything and became unresponsive. I pulled the battery and immediately went into HBOOT and booted into Recovery. I attempted to restore a a previous version of MIUI 1.1.24 and was stuck on "Checking MD5 sums" for awhile. The "Checking MD5 sums" issue happened when trying to restore 3 other backups I had in which I had to pull the battery each time.

I downloaded a fresh copy of MIUI 1.1.26 and used my buddies DInc to load the .zip file on my SD, then placed my SD card back in my phone. Booted my phone into HBOOT and manually flashed MIUI. Phone runs fine, however, I am concerned about my backups since I would feel safer having something to revert back to.

EDIT: Here is the thread I probably should have tried to obtain this MOD http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=891047.
    It worked on MIUI 12.24.

HELP!!!
    Last edited by Marcismo55; 01-28-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    S-Off (Unrevoked3)
    Clockwork MOD Recovery
    ROM: MIUI GB Latest and Greatest
    Kernel: Chad's Incredikernel 2.6.37.6
    Radio: 2.15.00.04.08

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Did you rename your backups? If there are any spaces or special characters in them they won't work and you'll have to rename again without them.

None of my backups currently contain spaces, and haven't for awhile. I couldn't even restore my backup named "OEM". Do you think renaming them might help?

I made another backup of my current MIUI setup (with no spaces of course), but I'm afraid I might show the "Checking MD5 sums" will show up again.
    S-Off (Unrevoked3)
    Clockwork MOD Recovery

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I have to say "hmm..." How long did you let it sit at checking the MD5 sums? I've heard the latest version of CW has created some problems in this area but that it eventually loads. What version are you running- the one in your signature or 2.5.1.2? Let me check with Doug about this. Could your SD card be going bad?

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    My MD5 creation in Clockwork last week took an obscene amount of time. I was worried that it wasn't completing but gutted it out and let the phone go. It finally finished. There is something definitely not quite running right. I would really look at doing some all new recoveries to be safe. Just might not be worth risking otherwise.

Phone: iPhone 4S
    Jailbroken

Tablet: Nexus 7
    BAMF Paradigm 2.0

Tablet: iPad 3

http://twitter.com/jkhonea

jkhonea94@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by enlightened View Post
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I have to say "hmm..." How long did you let it sit at checking the MD5 sums? I've heard the latest version of CW has created some problems in this area but that it eventually loads. What version are you running- the one in your signature or 2.5.1.2? Let me check with Doug about this. Could your SD card be going bad?
    I am running 2.5.1.2. I let it sit for at least 5 minutes and there was no change in the status bar at all. If my SD was going bad, what other symptoms would I be experiencing? I can open & view files just as I was able to before and listen to music on my sd also.

Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    My MD5 creation in Clockwork last week took an obscene amount of time. I was worried that it wasn't completing but gutted it out and let the phone go. It finally finished. There is something definitely not quite running right. I would really look at doing some all new recoveries to be safe. Just might not be worth risking otherwise.
    About how long did it take? What exactly did you do to gut it out?

I backed up my current setup of MIUI 1.1.26 and try to restore it and the same thing happened. Should i try to flash older/experimental versions of Clockwork or just flash AmonRA Recovery? I'm just really bummed I'm losing all my backups.
    S-Off (Unrevoked3)
    Clockwork MOD Recovery

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    I swear I had to wait something like 20 or more minutes before it finished. And that was mostly on the MD5 creating. It was definitely MUCH longer than usual. Enough to have me concerned. Honestly, I just held back and didn't touch the phone.

Phone: iPhone 4S
    Jailbroken

Tablet: Nexus 7
    BAMF Paradigm 2.0

Tablet: iPad 3

http://twitter.com/jkhonea

jkhonea94@gmail.com

I experienced the same thing, so I ended up flashing the previous clockwork and have had no problems since *knocks on wood*

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Currently I'm S-on and unrooted, but I'll probably reroot in the next day or so.
    Changed from WinMO to the and I'll never look back
    Home Computer OS: Windows XP
    Netbook w/ Windows 7
    Second Netbook: Google cr48

Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    I swear I had to wait something like 20 or more minutes before it finished. And that was mostly on the MD5 creating. It was definitely MUCH longer than usual. Enough to have me concerned. Honestly, I just held back and didn't touch the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop003 View Post
    I experienced the same thing, so I ended up flashing the previous clockwork and have had no problems since *knocks on wood*

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    I'll try leaving the phone alone and seeing what happens. I'll try flashing an older Cloclwork if there is no change. Thanks for the input! I'll keep you updated.
    S-Off (Unrevoked3)
    Clockwork MOD Recovery

I just skipped straight to flashing ClockworkMOD 2.5.1.1 and it worked!!! Thanks for all your help!!!
    S-Off (Unrevoked3)
    Clockwork MOD Recovery

Ads