Incredible won't pass white screen, no recovery, no USB debugging, nothing....

This is a discussion on Incredible won't pass white screen, no recovery, no USB debugging, nothing.... within the HTC Incredible Rescue Squad Stock Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Rescue Squad category; As a first post I feel kind of dumb for doing this, but I've tried several methods from this site and others and nothing seems ...

+ Reply to Thread

Incredible won't pass white screen, no recovery, no USB debugging, nothing....

As a first post I feel kind of dumb for doing this, but I've tried several methods from this site and others and nothing seems to be working. Not sure if it's me or the phone.

This is not my current phone, but my previous phone. Long story short it was the fourth, yes, fourth replacement Verizon sent me after numerous hard reset issues. This phone began doing the same thing and eventually ended up where it's at now. When I push the power button, the phone turns on but stays at the white "HTC Incredible" screen. Once in a great while it might make it to the "simply brilliant" screen, but hasn't in a while. Holding volume down + power gets me into Hboot, but any selection there (other than fastboot) simply takes me back to the white screen. With an SD card installed, it will load and search for the PB31DIAG and PB31IMG files, and if I don't have on on the card, returns to the Hboot menu. Simlock gives me SD fat32 ok, but then below in red says 255: not key-card. I loaded the PB31IMG from Doug Piston here, and tried flashing that through Hboot. The phone recognizes the files, loads the and prompts me to update. I select yes, the phone reboots and goes though the list of updates e.g. bootloader, radio etc. Then asks me if I want to reboot, I select yes, and it reboots, but stays on the white screen again. I let the phone sit there for almost an hour with no change. I also tried using the RUU method on Doug's site, with the same results. The entire process runs and completes, but the phone will still not boot up. I've been trying to use the SDK/ADB method, but without being able to access USB debugging, those options won't recognize the phone when connected to the computer. I did edit the android_winusb.inf file with this under both sections of the file:

;HTC Incredible
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C9E
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C9E&MI_01
    %SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C94

My computer will recognize the device as Android 1.0, and I get the Android Bootloader Interface in device manager. I can even use fastboot from the SDK to reboot the phone, but ADB does not see it. I have been able to get the serial number to show up using fastboot as well. Any help or suggestions are appreciated, and if there's additional information I need to provide let me kow. Like i said, this is not my daily phone, I just thought I'd try to get it working again as a side project.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Can any one help w/ this issue please. I am experiencing the exact same issue.

So was this ever resolved for you?

I've been having a similar issue.

Ads