Mainstream Media Starting to Catch On to What We Know about Android vs. iPhone

This is a discussion on Mainstream Media Starting to Catch On to What We Know about Android vs. iPhone within the HTC Incredible News forums, part of the IncredibleForum.com category; A recent article on Yahoo News! from "The Street" writer Scott Moritz, caught my eye. The title to the article is, "10 Androids That Outmuscle ...

+ Reply to Thread

Mainstream Media Starting to Catch On to What We Know about Android vs. iPhone

A recent article on Yahoo News! from "The Street" writer Scott Moritz, caught my eye. The title to the article is, "10 Androids That Outmuscle the iPhone", and it goes to show that the mainstream media is really catching on to what we already knew about Android vs. iPhone. Apparently, there are going to be several Androids that are much better than the iPhone. Who'da thunk it?

Several of the phones mentioned in the article were very notable Androids, although some aren't even that impressive. He specifically named the following 10 devices as the phones that were "out-muscling" the iPhone:
    • Samsung Nexus S, Sprint
    • LG Optimus (Pretty sure he was talking about the follow-up version)
    • Samsung Droid Charge, Verizon
    • Samsung Function (probably VZW version of Galaxy S II), Verizon
    • Motorola Mobility Targa (probably the Bionic), Verizon
    • HTC Sensation, AT&T
    • LG Revolution, Verizon
    • Samsung Infuse, AT&T
    • HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon
    • Motorola Atrix, AT&T
    The article had this to say about the Android ecosystem starting to dominate the market over the iPhone,
    The presumed delay of the next iPhone from June to September, and the decision to wait a year on 4G LTE upgrade highlight just a few of the areas where Apple has been lagging behind the leaders in the Android pack.

"The processor and display quality improvement in the Android camp is proceeding at such a clip that Apple will be under a lot of pressure to deliver a substantial jump in iPhone specs next autumn," MKM Partners' analyst Tero Kuittinen.

"It's not clear how Apple can battle the rapid Android evolution," says Kuittinen, "unless it picks up the pace of its iPhone launches."
    Of course the Android tech news websites already post this stuff daily, but it's interesting to see it really start to take hold in the "mainstream" media. Most of the time when you see articles comparing the Android to the iPhone in regular news outlets, the articles tend to "favor" the Apple product a bit. It's nice to see people starting to see that we don't all have to drink the Apple "Kool-aid" and that there is an alternative "fruit-punch" out there.

Source: Android.net via Yahoo News!
    Source: Android.net via [url=http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppinga
    Last edited by dgstorm; 05-30-2011 at 01:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    I already think that my Incredible is far more superior than the iPhone, but that's just me...

We were at my sister's yesterday, she and her husband were showing off their new iphones; by the time we left they were lamenting their purchase and thinking about switching to an android device!
    Last edited by edster; 05-30-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    I am seeing the biggest draw to the iFleet is it does it for you. The biggest rub I hear against Android is its need to be customized to be most effective. With Apple you get what you get and it runs smoothly. With Android it takes about the same number of apps to get to where many folks want their device to be but its harder to get there. The shine of Android for us is the where the iFleet ends it's abilities Android continues forward but with a cost of extra work, self thought, and the infancy of some Android apps that can slog down the device.
    I believe it will always be a debate of the folks who want a device to do what they want generically vs those who want individualism in their setups and how they get the stuff done.
    The Windows phone advertising campaign is geared toward a device that is even easier to use than the other platforms.
    The masses want simplicity and many are willing to trade off the ability to go further than the norm in order to have it easy to do. Time is money after all.
    For those who want to disagree I ask, if the iwhatever is so great out of the box why did you jailbreak yours? It was to make it more like Android in being able to take its abilities up a notch. The average iFleet user could care less about the next level. They were giddy when their iPad included a camera and their iPhone 4 had a better screen
    I like my iPad but it is a big iPhone to me and I would not be happy with its limitations AND a smaller screen of a phone.

Support Our Troops!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Ads