Need Help: "The Application Settings Has Stopped Unexpectedly. Please Try Again"

This is a discussion on Need Help: "The Application Settings Has Stopped Unexpectedly. Please Try Again" within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Hi Gang! This is driving me crazy. Whenever I go to the Settings Menu and tap "Wireless and Networks" I get this box: Sorry! The ...

+ Reply to Thread

Need Help: "The Application Settings Has Stopped Unexpectedly. Please Try Again"

Hi Gang!

This is driving me crazy. Whenever I go to the Settings Menu and tap "Wireless and Networks" I get this box:

Sorry!
    The application Settings(Process com.android.settings)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    FORCE CLOSE

What can I do? Is there an application I need to uninstall? A clean re-boot?

I've pulled the battery and I'm coming from Blackberry Storm 2(advanced user)so forgive me when it comes to troubleshooting Android OS's.

It's not allowing me to access my wireless network preferences or Bluetooth at all. It's also preventing my Macbook Pro from finding and syncing with my phone through Bluetooth.

Any help or assistance you can provide would be great!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    Has the function ever worked? If it has, start backing out apps and try to track which might be causing the problem. If it has never worked, sounds like the time for at least a soft reboot. If that doesn't work, probably a hard reboot. Just try to remember if its worked before. It sounds like its conflicting with something.

Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    Has the function ever worked? If it has, start backing out apps and try to track which might be causing the problem. If it has never worked, sounds like the time for at least a soft reboot. If that doesn't work, probably a hard reboot. Just try to remember if its worked before. It sounds like its conflicting with something.
    Yeah what he said ^^^

U don't really need to do battery pulls anymore to fix problems. Thats a very ancient method dating back to 1334 BC with King Tut and crackberry's

Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    I actually had installed some "Settings App" from the Market and then deleted it when I was told it wasn't compatible with 2.1. Maybe that is the problem. It was a highly recommended App at the time. I don't even remember the name of it, as I uninstalled it.

When you say "Back Out Apps" do you mean uninstall them? Thanks for your help!

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    Sorry, yes, uninstall them. Write down a list of all you have. If you take them out and it works, I would then add them back one at a time, checking to see if the wireless settings come up after each install. You should eventually find the one causing the problems. Will probably be a pain in the butt, but unfortunately the best advice I can give at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Buck View Post
    U don't really need to do battery pulls anymore to fix problems. Thats a very ancient method dating back to 1334 BC with King Tut and crackberry's
    LMAO!!! I remember those days. Was constantly doing that with my Moto Q

Quote Originally Posted by JayC'sIncredible View Post
    When you say "Back Out Apps" do you mean uninstall them? Thanks for your help!
    Ya I think he means start from the last app you installed to the first one and start uninstalling to see if it's one of the apps causing a problem. Process of elimination. I've not heard of this problem yet, so it may also be a faulty phone. But do your due-diligence before just returning the phone. Good luck

Ads