can't send MMS (generic network failure)

This is a discussion on can't send MMS (generic network failure) within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; I posted on this a month or so ago but I'm hoping there have been some new developments. My Incredible (2.2) won't send MMS messages. ...

+ Reply to Thread

can't send MMS (generic network failure)

I posted on this a month or so ago but I'm hoping there have been some new developments. My Incredible (2.2) won't send MMS messages. This has been the case for several months. Every time I try to send one I get a generic network failure error message. I can send SMS without problem. Emails with attachments go without problem. My wife's Verizon Dare sends MMS without problem. I've tried all the stuff on the Verizon support page and none of it worked (so have lots of other people.) Verizon tech support has been useless. I've read a couple of postings that suggested doing a hard reset, but also some that said they'd tried it and it didn't help, so I'm saving that as a last resort.

Judging from the number of postings on this, there appear to be many people experiencing this issue but there don't seem to be any solutions being offered. Can anyone help?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    try *228 then option 1

that should reactivate your phone. Might be worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by EFINIncredible View Post
    Watchout for Razorburn
    Motorola Barrage V860
    Stock Motorola Xoom

We had this problem with my wife's phone, took it in to the verizon store and they spent about an hour on the phone with a level 2 tech trying to fix it and finally agreed to send us a new phone. They guy at the store said for sure it was a network problem when we got there but they couldn't seem to figure out what it was or how to fix it. Haven't gotten the new phone yet so can't say if that fixed it or not...

YOu should try installing the latest radio 11.19. heres the link TeamDouche Mirror System

Root: Unrevoked v3.2, S-Off
    Clock: 1.13 GHz
    Kernel: 2.6.32.17 Homebrewed #10
    Radio: 2.15.00.11.19
    ROM: Latest CM7 Build W/ Theme Mixer
    Revovery: ClockworkMod 2.5.1.2
    SD Card: 8GB PNY Class 4

I tried the option-1 thing and it didn't work. Called Verizon tech help and they couldn't figure out what was going on, so before requesting a new phone I backed up my apps (with Application Manager), swallowed hard and did a hard reset. Problem is now gone. Unfortunately Application manager would only restore about 2/3 of my apps (the rest it gave me "unable to parse package" messages.) Luckily I keep my contacts in Gmail so at least they were OK. I'd sure appreciate some suggestions for backup apps that work reliably.

Someone posted a suggestion to go to DreamDouche mirror. I checked it out and at least as far as I can see, DreamDouche is a community that has developed CyanogenMOD, which is a version of the Android OS that completely replaces the original ROM provided by HTC. Has anyone used it? From what I read it requires root and should be installed with GREAT care.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    It's TeamDouche, not DreamDouche. They created CyanogenMOD, which is AOSP (Android Open Source Project). Not based on Sense at all. However, if you decide to root I suggest you start off with a Sense-based ROM like Redemption- it will be more familiar. You can switch to CM after that but for initial setup I recommend staying in more familiar territory.

Rescue Squad
    +1 what enlightened said... Not trying to scare you or anything like that, but we recently have members who are new to flashing ROMs and they went with Cyanogen and didn't like it and tried flashing something else and ran into problems. Stick to Sense-based ROMs if you are new to this so that you are familiarized with flashing ROMs before venturing out to AOSP.

I've been thinking about rooting... my nephew says I'm a weenie if I don't. If I went forward with Redemption and screwed up is my HTC ROM gone forever or can I do a hard reset and get it back?

Rescue Squad
    If you following the rooting instructions here, http://www.incredibleforum.com/forum...ed-3-22-a.html, the last step will have you make a nandroid backup of your rooted stock ROM. Then follow this to flash Redemption, Flashing ROMs tutorial. You will always have the option to go back to your rooted stock ROM.

Ads