Shaky fingers

This is a discussion on Shaky fingers within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; I need some help and or advice. My wife and I got 2 Incredibles about a week ago. I am enjoing mine--even though I think ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaky fingers

Shaky fingers

I need some help and or advice. My wife and I got 2 Incredibles about a week ago. I am enjoing mine--even though I think it is a bit difficult to use--but my wife's hands shake and she is having a devil of a time. I have heard that there is a stylus for this phone. Does anyone have an opinion about whether or not she should keep trying with this phone or if there is another phone in verizon's lineup that would be easier to use with unsteady hands.
    Last edited by cwgolfman; 01-03-2011 at 06:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    You can get a stylus for phones, ipods and such. The incredible has a capacitive touch screen so you will need a stylus that is compatible. I got a pack of 3 styluses for my ipod touch for around $10 at best buy, they work on my droid also.

hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by EFINIncredible View Post
    Watchout for Razorburn
    Motorola Barrage V860
    Stock Motorola Xoom

Thanks for the tip--I will have her try the stylus method

Quote Originally Posted by cwgolfman View Post
    I need some help and or advice. My wife and I got 2 Incredibles about a week ago. I am enjoing mine--even though I think it is a bit difficult to use--but my wife's hands shake and she is having a devil of a time. I have heard that there is a stylus for this phone. Does anyone have an opinion about whether or not she should keep trying with this phone or if there is another phone in verizon's lineup that would be easier to use with unsteady hands.
    Might I recommend that you look into a different keyboard. I believe the keyboard is called slide or slideit and/or you could sign up for swype. If you browse the forums you may be able to find a way around the sign up for swype. Anyway, these keyboards allow the user to put their finger on the keyboard and slide it to each letter to make words. This may help, and avoid carrying additional items that are sure to get lost, plus, and you would know better then I, who does not know your wife or her condition, but would a stick to poke at letters be any better then a finger if she's having trimmers in her hands? Look into one of these keyboards or a similar one, it seems being able to maintain contact with the keyboard would help more.
    VidJunky FlexT9 ing everything on my ReZounding fn.
    4.3 in screen
    3.5 Sense
    1.5 Ghz processor
    Temp Rooted (No BLOAT)

And still hating BING

Looking back I loved this sig. These days it's an HTCOX.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    Might I recommend that you look into a different keyboard. I believe the keyboard is called slide or slideit and/or you could sign up for swype. If you browse the forums you may be able to find a way around the sign up for swype. Anyway, these keyboards allow the user to put their finger on the keyboard and slide it to each letter to make words. This may help, and avoid carrying additional items that are sure to get lost, plus, and you would know better then I, who does not know your wife or her condition, but would a stick to poke at letters be any better then a finger if she's having trimmers in her hands? Look into one of these keyboards or a similar one, it seems being able to maintain contact with the keyboard would help more.
    well your reasoning is sound but a stylus is meant to be used more like a pen than a sword.... a pen like device to grip onto is a familiar shape meaning it is already an intuitive instrument everyone knows how to use. It can make a tremendous difference by pin pointing a touch input, improving accuracy there is a better chance to hit the right button.

I haven't used slide or swype but I would imagine they aren't without issue due to the learning curve and I would imagine they (like all text prediction) aren't perfect at interpreting what you want to type.
    Last edited by razor02097; 01-03-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EFINIncredible View Post
    Watchout for Razorburn
    Motorola Barrage V860
    Stock Motorola Xoom

She should try using her thumbs which will be less affected by a tremor than her forefinger. She may just have to give up the idea of using a smartphone. It may be better to get a simpler phone, and then something like an I-Pad for other tasks.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    well your reasoning is sound but a stylus is meant to be used more like a pen than a sword.... a pen like device to grip onto is a familiar shape meaning it is already an intuitive instrument everyone knows how to use. It can make a tremendous difference by pin pointing a touch input, improving accuracy there is a better chance to hit the right button.

I haven't used slide or swype but I would imagine they aren't without issue due to the learning curve and I would imagine they (like all text prediction) aren't perfect at interpreting what you want to type.
    Ultra Keyboard has trace and type. The reason I suggest it is you can change the key size, sensitivity, etc.
    My oldest daughter has the same problem and the BIG qwerty keypad on her Choco Touch phone works much better for her than her old button phones.
    Trace learning curve is much less than T9. Swype and Ultra are much more forgiving at trace errors than tapping. My daughter would NOT take the time to learn T9.
    When my blood sugar drops I get the shakes also but not having to lift my finger helps a lot.
    I'll be interested in finding what you decide and if the stylus pen works. I miss my homemade stylus for my Omnia sometimes .

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Ads