what is cache?

This is a discussion on what is cache? within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; When I go to manage app there are options for clearing cache what does that mean? Also why can't you delete your history in the ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what is cache?

what is cache?

When I go to manage app there are options for clearing cache what does that mean? Also why can't you delete your history in the app market my list is huge and it annoys me to have it reference stuff from a while ago I deleted the cache out of the market place thinking it was history could this mess up my marketplace?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    Cache should be referring to any temporary information from any given programs or apps on your phone, much like the cache for the web browser. There are always "elements" left behind that don't automatically delete, like cookies and such. Another thing the cache might be holding is passwords and log in information. Shouldn't hurt to clear it through.

Also, someone else turned me on to the app appbrain. That thing is very nice. Got to look and see if its deleting everything when I delete or not. But overall, so much nicer making all of my app selections online and then telling the Incredible to just sync and it downloads the new apps.

Thank you ill look into that

Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    Cache should be referring to any temporary information from any given programs or apps on your phone, much like the cache for the web browser. There are always "elements" left behind that don't automatically delete, like cookies and such. Another thing the cache might be holding is passwords and log in information. Shouldn't hurt to clear it through.

Also, someone else turned me on to the app appbrain. That thing is very nice. Got to look and see if its deleting everything when I delete or not. But overall, so much nicer making all of my app selections online and then telling the Incredible to just sync and it downloads the new apps.
    To make sure everything is deleting use the app manager under settings and clear cache before you uninstall

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    Oh fine if you want to get technical about it.

Ads