Random text messages????

This is a discussion on Random text messages???? within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Hello all, Here is the problem... On occasion my phone will take a random text message that is a day or two old and send ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Random text messages????

Hello all,

Here is the problem... On occasion my phone will take a random text message that is a day or two old and send it again on it's own. I get replies from people thinking I am crazy... am I?

I have terrible service in my office, can this have something to do with it? But it's not messages that didn't go through or anything like that... It is old messages that have already been sent and replied to.

Thanks in advance
    Flu

2. # ADS
    Ads

anyone.....

I know it has only been one day.... but it has done it again this morning.....

please help... this is very annoying..
    should I just go to my local Verizon store?
    I just think this board is probably more knowledgeable than them....

Flu

Super Moderator
    I know I have heard this happen... I don't think it is your phone... One of my co workers had that problem.

He was told that one of the older towers received the message but wasn't able to send it. The message was pending but the phone wasn't told it was sent at all so the phone sends it when it sees another tower.

But I don't know if that explanation is accurate or if the rep was blowing smoke...BTW he was in north eastern part of Ohio when it happened.

razor,

thanks for the reply..
    That sounds logical, problem is mine will resend text messages that have already been responded to.

Super Moderator
    are you using any SMS apps? The app would be my next guess. Sounds like you have a different problem than he did.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    Chomp and Handcent apps both have a bug that sometimes makes old texts send again when the phone is turned on. Handcent put a menu option to prevent it in their last update.
    It's something to do with stock app seeing texts as failed on reboot and sending them again.I think it's a froyo created bug but don't quote me on that, just observation that it didn't exist before froyo from what I've read, or not read before froyo is more like it but I could be wrong.
    If you didn't reboot your phone or aren't using one of those apps I don't have a suggestion to help. Sorry.

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Thanks everyone....

I read one of the topics below I think the Random text messaging one.. It suggested the same as you guys are.. Yes, I am using Handcent, so I assume that is the problem.

If anyone comes up with a solution... hook me up... I mean besides giving up Handcent(Love it)

Thanks Again
    Flu

I really don't know if that is the issue or not as my dh has a similar issue with me sometimes... I'm really the main person he contacts via text or google talk and he does not use handcent... only difference is that it's always when I haven't replied it will sometimes send the message several hours later... this is happening in google talk and in regular text message... just about every single time we end a conversation, if he's the last one to say something anywhere between 4-16 hrs later I'll get the message again.. really confusing when it's generally either an "I love you" or a heart... and then I'm going.. is this the same heart/I love you from earlier? or is he starting a new conversation? sigh LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PamalaW View Post
    I really don't know if that is the issue or not as my dh has a similar issue with me sometimes... I'm really the main person he contacts via text or google talk and he does not use handcent... only difference is that it's always when I haven't replied it will sometimes send the message several hours later... this is happening in google talk and in regular text message... just about every single time we end a conversation, if he's the last one to say something anywhere between 4-16 hrs later I'll get the message again.. really confusing when it's generally either an "I love you" or a heart... and then I'm going.. is this the same heart/I love you from earlier? or is he starting a new conversation? sigh LOL
    Come on Pam its the phone that loves U. I haven't had or heard of the issue with INC's but my friend has it happen all the time with her standard cell phone texting, so I'd say it might be a Verizon issue as well...
    EfinGNex

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    Quote Originally Posted by fluhartz View Post
    Thanks everyone....

I read one of the topics below I think the Random text messaging one.. It suggested the same as you guys are.. Yes, I am using Handcent, so I assume that is the problem.

If anyone comes up with a solution... hook me up... I mean besides giving up Handcent(Love it)

Thanks Again
    Flu
    Go into your handcent settings , sent settings , click on prevent resend

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Ads