Message comes up: "UIDs on system are inconsistent"

This is a discussion on Message comes up: "UIDs on system are inconsistent" within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Message comes up: "UIDs on system are inconsistent"

you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Need more info. Assuming you're rooted- which ROM are you running? How long have you been using it? What were you doing when you got the error message?

I got this error message today as well. I am not rooted. Started acting funky yesterday and starting last night would not boot up with my SD card in. Any help is appreciated. Says "UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable." Button: "I'm Feeling Lucky"

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Dom, are you still with us?

yeah I'm still here from my laptop - Incredible won't boot up with the SD card still. Looks like 2 picture files on the card are corrupt. Tried another *empty* 4GB Micro SD card and still nothing but these errors - that one, then TWC (weather channel - saw a folder on the SD Card and would explain that) and a few others including HTC Sense something or other...

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    According to Doug (our resident go-to guru), it looks like you will have to do a factory reset. You'll lose your text messages and have to set up your gmail, etc. again after the reset but a full wipe should solve the problem. All paid apps purchased through Market should be easily reinstalled though some free apps will need to be redownloaded. (As an aside, he said if you were rooted you might be able to approach this by fixing some permissions but that's a moot point since you're not rooted. ) Do you need a link with instructions about how to do a factory reset?

A link would be helpful, thanks. How about the SD card? Should I start fresh with a new one? Anything else Verizon store would do for me?

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Verizon tech support would tell you to do a factory reset first, so let's start there. Hit Menu --> Settings --> SD & phone storage --> Factory Data Reset and give it a few minutes to come back up.

You can "back up" your apps with AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games before you do a factory reset. That will help get the "non-purchased" ones back also.
    OH NOEZ!! T3h b00tl00pz!!

Thanks for the replies, will let you all know how it goes. Think I backed up my pics, that's about all I care about of my 2 kids - camera on the Incredible is better than "the home" camera. Thanks again for the quick replies.

Ads