How do I uninstall Update 2.2?

This is a discussion on How do I uninstall Update 2.2? within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; My task killer doesn't stop applications from running, which kills my battery in 6 hours or so; it takes a long time to re-charge and ...

+ Reply to Thread

How do I uninstall Update 2.2?

My task killer doesn't stop applications from running, which kills my battery in 6 hours or so; it takes a long time to re-charge and generally my phone is a "throw-away" unless I can go back to prior to update.

How can I uninstall the latest 2.2 update and go back? The update is not listed in downloads or anywhere else that I have been able to find. I installed two Uninstallers, but they don't seem to allow me to select and uninstall programs (only a couple of music apps).

Any simple solutions for uninstalling update 2.2?

Thanks for your help.

2. # ADS
    Ads

You can follow this guide to get back to stock

How to downgrade and root your DInc from 2.2 |

However, I would suggest removing the task killer and see if that improves battery life. Most task killers run constantly and use more battery than the apps they are killing. And don't forget that most apps will be used and take CPU therefore battery when restarting.

Secondly "bump charge" your phone at least once. Charge completely with it on. Turn it off and plug the charger back in and when green do it again.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ffusa View Post
    My task killer doesn't stop applications from running, which kills my battery in 6 hours or so; it takes a long time to re-charge and generally my phone is a "throw-away" unless I can go back to prior to update.

How can I uninstall the latest 2.2 update and go back? The update is not listed in downloads or anywhere else that I have been able to find. I installed two Uninstallers, but they don't seem to allow me to select and uninstall programs (only a couple of music apps).

Any simple solutions for uninstalling update 2.2?

Thanks for your help.
    Uninstall the task killer not 2.2

So how would I go about closing apps that are running if I uninstall app killer?

I would ask how you know they are actually *running*, as opposed to simply being loaded in memory where they consume no power?

The real answer is you let the Operating System, called Android Version 2.2, manage things. It knows how to do it.
    Last edited by jpr; 09-07-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Because when I go into settings/running apps, it shows what apps are "running", and unless I physically force stop them, it will continue to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Deevel79 View Post
    Because when I go into settings/running apps, it shows what apps are "running", and unless I physically force stop them, it will continue to run.
    go back and check after you force stop them... mine turn right back on... mainly flickr, city id, and photobucket... not sure if your phone does this but i watched mine come right back on after i stopped them... or thought i did

Ads