Blurry photos

This is a discussion on Blurry photos within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Just bought my Incredible last weekend and I love it, except the photos are so incredibly blurry. Even when I just have the camera window ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blurry photos

Blurry photos

Just bought my Incredible last weekend and I love it, except the photos are so incredibly blurry. Even when I just have the camera window open, everything is blurry unless I'm super close up to it. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Do you have your Auto Focus on/enabled?

To do this:
    1. Go to your camera as if youre about to take a pic
    2. Rotate your phone to landscape view
    3. On the side (left or right depending which way you rotate to), you will see a ">" or "<" tab to press. press it
    4. A window opens with tabs on the left. Choose the most bottom left tab (looks like 2 gears). Thats the Settings tab.
    5. Scroll down within that tab to find "Auto Focus" and make sure its checked/enabled.
    By default from the manufacture, I believe this feature is already enabled.

When taking pictures, you must also allow for the Auto Focus to be triggered:
    1. hold the camera about 6 inches away from an object.
    2. then pull back about another foot. You might see the blurriness start to auto focus on the screen within 3 seconds.
    3. If you dont see it focus, try going inward again to only 6 inches away. By now, Im sure you will see the Auto Focus work its charm.
    All in all, when take pics with the Incredible, aim it to the direction you want to take the pic, adjust your depth/distance away from the object/people you want to take, wait about 2-3 seconds for the Auto Focus to kick in, and *prestO* you should be able to take some quality 8mp pictures.

Motion/steadiness:
    Its best to also ensure the phone is held as steady as possible. If youre in a moving car and taking the pic, the pic will more than likely to be blurry due to the motion, as if you were taking a video while horse-back riding LOL. Night time pics without the flash may also pic up motion/fuzziness. Using the flash will reduce the fuzziness. When in doubt, plant your hand/camera on something to ensure stillness.

Flash:
    Night time pics or pics with little light around may require the flash to be enabled in order for good pics. Some photographers (amateurs or professionals) may prefer to NOT have the flash on in order to obtain a particular mood within the pic. Sometimes the flash can be "hard lighting" (too much) for the pic and make the pic no so pretty as you like.

It all takes practice in getting used to particular cameras.... even cell phone cameras.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by WTF??; 09-04-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Why do ppl call our phones, "Dinc?" Makes it sound like a puny crappy phone or a sound effect when you flick something

You have Android now. Stop whining and complaining that iphone was easy/better... why the hell did you switch for?
    If youre going to change phones, be sure you're able to accept "CHANGE" and yes thats a change in how things are done. Its plain and simple

Btw, have a nifty day! (^_^)
    Now... wheres my beer???

Problem fixed

Thanks for your help. I ended up taking it back to Verizon. It was actually just a defect in the camera. It wouldn't focus - period, even with autofocus on. They replaced it for me and I can tell a huge difference!

Thanks again!

Ah... that explains it

Hope the tips still help you... and others reading
    Why do ppl call our phones, "Dinc?" Makes it sound like a puny crappy phone or a sound effect when you flick something

You have Android now. Stop whining and complaining that iphone was easy/better... why the hell did you switch for?
    If youre going to change phones, be sure you're able to accept "CHANGE" and yes thats a change in how things are done. Its plain and simple

Btw, have a nifty day! (^_^)
    Now... wheres my beer???

I have had my DInc for 1 month and I am also getting blurry pictures. Yes my settings is on auto focus. It appears to me that there is a protective cover over the lens. Is the camera shipped with a clear protective cover over it ? Can someone please help me.

Ads