Problems With Last.Fm & Pandora Radio And My Music Player

This is a discussion on Problems With Last.Fm & Pandora Radio And My Music Player within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Okay, well before I post on this thread I would like to let you guys know that I did read up on this problem before ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10

    Problems With Last.Fm & Pandora Radio And My Music Player

    Okay, well before I post on this thread I would like to let you guys know that I did read up on this problem before asking here. I read that the Last.FM app was giving Android users problems. The problem I'm talking about is Last.FM Or Pandora Radio suddenly stopping in the middle of playing music with out any error message or warning. Last.FM admins replied by saying that they fixed the problem by updating the app to another version which I currently have but there's still no fix well at least for me. I have done my own troubleshooting and I came to a conclusion that when I'm using Last.FM or Pandora through the phones speakers I do not encounter this problem. only when I connect my headphones I start experiencing this very annoying problem. When you start listening to music and leave it playing, the phone then goes idle and the screen turns black which is normal, Last.Fm or Pandora will then keep playing the song for a few seconds before shutting down completely. I noticed when I unlock the phone and go back to the app it seems like it's running perfectly fine and I can click on a station and resume listening to music. I want to be able to leave Last.FM playing while I leave the phone in my pocket. I really love Last.FM I haven't gotten around to putting music into my phone yet so Last.FM is a great way for me to listen to music on the go. If anybody knows what the problem is please reply and let me know how I can fix this. I've also just noticed that it does the same thing when I play music on my regular music player after the screen goes black then the phone stops playing music after a few seconds. What can be the problem?! I'm thinking I would have to go to my settings and change the screen time out in order to keep the phone from going idle and stopping my music from playing. Anybody have any idea how to get this fixed?
    Last edited by BombTheSystem; 08-31-2010 at 12:34 AM.

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bellflower, CA (LBC)
    Posts
    184
    I noticed the same thing when I was using Pandora and my music player when hooking up to my speakers. Came to the conclusion that my silicone case was actually not letting the speaker Jack go completely inside the phone Jack. I also noticed that while this problem occurred the speaker icon would come on and switch over to the headset icon but no headset was hooked up. Solution... I take off the case when I want to listen through my comp speakers. If u have a case, u may want to like into that. If not then I wish u luck in your quest to find a solution.

    Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
    Rooted Using Unrevoked 3.21
    Custom Rom: Ruby 1.1.4
    HBOOT 0.92
    Radio Version: 2.15.00.07.28
    S-OFF!!! Finally
    GTalk: willsurvive22@gmail.com


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by will survive View Post
    I noticed the same thing when I was using Pandora and my music player when hooking up to my speakers. Came to the conclusion that my silicone case was actually not letting the speaker Jack go completely inside the phone Jack. I also noticed that while this problem occurred the speaker icon would come on and switch over to the headset icon but no headset was hooked up. Solution... I take off the case when I want to listen through my comp speakers. If u have a case, u may want to like into that. If not then I wish u luck in your quest to find a solution.

    Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
    Thank you my friend I appreciate the quick response. I get what your problem was, your problem was a physical problem being caused by the case. Something was physically touching your phone which was making your phone trip out while playing music. In my situation, it has nothing to do with any physical aspect of the phone, I don't even have a case for my phone yet. I tried to explain my problem the best I could so I hope someone understands what I'm talking about. Does anybody else have the same problem that I have?! I mean I can't be the only one, unless my phones faulty. when I have my headphones connect whether I play a song from my library, or if I'm playing a song from Last.Fm Or Pandora I get this problem. It never happens when I'm playing music from the speakers of the phone. It's weird, I'm playing music then the phones screen turns black and goes idle like it should the music will continue playing for a few seconds then it just completely stops. I get no notification, no error message, I have no clue at all why it does that. I'm doing my own troubleshoot methods trying to figure out what the problem is but so far I've come up with nothing. I've just thought about it right now, it might be the lock screen?! I have a lock screen on my phone so once the phone goes idle it should kick in to the lock screen. It could be that the lock screen is preventing the phone from functioning after it is locked. I will try to take it off and see if it fixes my problem I will be back with an update! stay tuned.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by BombTheSystem View Post
    Thank you my friend I appreciate the quick response. I get what your problem was, your problem was a physical problem being caused by the case. Something was physically touching your phone which was making your phone trip out while playing music. In my situation, it has nothing to do with any physical aspect of the phone, I don't even have a case for my phone yet. I tried to explain my problem the best I could so I hope someone understands what I'm talking about. Does anybody else have the same problem that I have?! I mean I can't be the only one, unless my phones faulty. when I have my headphones connect whether I play a song from my library, or if I'm playing a song from Last.Fm Or Pandora I get this problem. It never happens when I'm playing music from the speakers of the phone. It's weird, I'm playing music then the phones screen turns black and goes idle like it should the music will continue playing for a few seconds then it just completely stops. I get no notification, no error message, I have no clue at all why it does that. I'm doing my own troubleshoot methods trying to figure out what the problem is but so far I've come up with nothing. I've just thought about it right now, it might be the lock screen?! I have a lock screen on my phone so once the phone goes idle it should kick in to the lock screen. It could be that the lock screen is preventing the phone from functioning after it is locked. I will try to take it off and see if it fixes my problem I will be back with an update! stay tuned.
    **Update** I disabled my auto lock and it's still giving me the same problem

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,198
    Twitter
    dougpiston
    Are you on a custom 2.2 rom? If rooted with CW recovery try this

    Streaming audio fix for Froyo

    Fixed it for me.
    Last edited by doug piston; 08-31-2010 at 10:28 AM.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by doug piston View Post
    Are you on a custom 2.2 rom? If rooted with CW recovery try this

    Streaming audio fix for Froyo

    Fixed it for me.
    Thanks for the link i appreciate it but Jo I'm not rooted as a matter of fact I dont even have the froyo update for some reason my phone can't update. When I manually go to setings and look for an update it always says im up to date but ky firmware is still 2.1 My sister got her incredible the same day as me and her phone automatically updated. I'm not really stressing about the update but I am dissapointed with not being able to hear music on my phone. I love music and I can't even enjoy it on this new phone.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10
    I've been taking matters into my own hands as people should and have been researching like crazy for a fix. Well after trying various methods I've finally found one, I stumbled upon a fix on a forum where people were posting about the same problem. Come to find out, Advanced Task Killer and Task Manager were causing my problem. I had to go into both programs and "Ignore" my music player and Last.Fm from being terminated. Now I can finally enjoy my phones music and great apps like Last.Fm with out a problem. Thanks to everyone who dropped a comment and shared some sort of input I appreciate it peace and stay up.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BombTheSystem View Post
    I've been taking matters into my own hands as people should and have been researching like crazy for a fix. Well after trying various methods I've finally found one, I stumbled upon a fix on a forum where people were posting about the same problem. Come to find out, Advanced Task Killer and Task Manager were causing my problem. I had to go into both programs and "Ignore" my music player and Last.Fm from being terminated. Now I can finally enjoy my phones music and great apps like Last.Fm with out a problem. Thanks to everyone who dropped a comment and shared some sort of input I appreciate it peace and stay up.
    BTS,
    Congrats on finding a solution to your problem. Also, thank you for posting the fix, as some other members may have the same problem.
    Last edited by TazMac; 09-01-2010 at 07:58 AM. Reason: spelling, I have fat fingers this a.m.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by TazMac View Post
    BTS,
    Congrats on finding a solution to your problem. Also, thank you for posting the fix, as some other members may have the same problem.
    no problem its my pleasure to contribute to such a great community who devotes it self to helping others

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,198
    Twitter
    dougpiston
    Yet another reason not to use a task killer. Good work on finding a fix for yourself then bringing it here.


 

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. music player
    By accohn12 in forum HTC Incredible Help
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 04:57 PM
  2. Music player ???
    By cosmonaut in forum HTC Incredible Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 04:35 AM
  3. the best music player?
    By DroidElf in forum HTC Incredible Apps
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 09:11 PM
  4. HTC's music player issues
    By gordonlc125 in forum HTC Incredible Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 11:03 PM
  5. Music Player doesn't show any purchased music. Help!
    By TXN@<3 in forum HTC Incredible Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 12:45 PM

Search tags for this page

i pay for pandora and it keeps turning off
,
pandora radio app cutting out
,

pandora radio keeps stopping

,
why does iphone pandora cut off songs
,
why does pandora app keep kicking me out
,

why does pandora cut off songs

,

why does pandora keep stopping

,
why does the last song played on pandora show up on my lock screen
,
why my pandora station keep cutting off to anoyher song
,
www.pandoraradio
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.