How does Google calendar work with Outlook? Do I have to abandon Outlook altogether?

This is a discussion on How does Google calendar work with Outlook? Do I have to abandon Outlook altogether? within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; I have been using Outlook for many years now and am currently using Outlook 2007 on my desktop. I just got the Incredible and have ...

+ Reply to Thread

Question How does Google calendar work with Outlook? Do I have to abandon Outlook altogether?

I have been using Outlook for many years now and am currently using Outlook 2007 on my desktop. I just got the Incredible and have been syncing via USB with HTC Sync, which I downloaded onto my desktop.

I am not crazy about any of the Calendar apps I have seen and am wondering how using Google calendar would work. Would I need to abandon Outlook on my desktop? How do the two work together?

And is the Google calendar even worth switching to? Lots of good features, etc?

thanks! Look forward to your replies.

Cat

2. # ADS
    Ads

You can kinda use both. Google has a calendar sync program for windows that will sync google calendar and outlook.

But either way, Google's calendar is very capable and can do all the same things Outlook can.

I agree w/coreno. I use Google sync on my PC but am finding that I really don't refer to my Outlook calendar anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by coreno View Post
    You can kinda use both. Google has a calendar sync program for windows that will sync google calendar and outlook.

But either way, Google's calendar is very capable and can do all the same things Outlook can.
    Hmmm...ok, for a total newbie like me, is there a way to experiment with Google calendar and have it sync with my Outlook on my desktop, and then easily transition back to Outlook if I find it is not my preference? If so, could you let me know the most seamless way to do that? (Sorry, all I have known forever is Outlook!).

I use Google Calendar sync on my laptop at home and my Laptop at work. Both are running Outlook and my work PC is connected to an exchange server. My Google calendar is basically the central "hub" for all my events, so I get my work events at home, on my phone and of course at work. Everything works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by pequeajim View Post
    I use Google Calendar sync on my laptop at home and my Laptop at work. Both are running Outlook and my work PC is connected to an exchange server. My Google calendar is basically the central "hub" for all my events, so I get my work events at home, on my phone and of course at work. Everything works flawlessly.
    thanks! Just PM'd you

Quote Originally Posted by CatB View Post
    thanks! Just PM'd you
    PMd you back. Let me know if you have any other questions. You might want to keep them in here so everyone can benefit from the conversation....

Found this link, which was helpful:

How to Sync your Outlook Calendar, Google Calendar and Android Phone Calendar | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

Here is my question: do I need to sync my email, too, or can I just sync my Outlook calendar and Google calendar?

Ads