Screen lock has an easy bypass

This is a discussion on Screen lock has an easy bypass within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Know how your screen goes blank, and each time you press the top button to wake it up you have to swipe down to "unlock" ...

+ Reply to Thread

Screen lock has an easy bypass

Know how your screen goes blank, and each time you press the top button to wake it up you have to swipe down to "unlock" it? Well, by accident i discovered that all you have to do is press the menu key and bam, you're on the homescreen. Nice security right? don't get me wrong i don't lock my phone with a code, but this isn't comforting.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Have you tried pushing the top button to turn the screen on, then push the menu key to see if it bypasses the 'unlock' swipe? Or try putting a code on it and do that trick. If it really does bypass the entire unlock sequence, then it should be brought to HTC's attention so they can fix it. But try these things first to see if it is really a security issue.
    Last edited by Derevas Alden Munro; 07-27-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

I'm an idiot

Okay, in my frantic paranoia I neglected to read that it says, to unlock screen, swipe down or press the "menu" button. I laughed at myself. my bad.

if you press the on button and just touch the clock (where you are supposed to drag down) it will blatantly tell you to drag down OR press menu to unlock. I dont think this is a glitch, it is how they intended it to work.

You don't have to touch the clock, pressing anywhere will bring up the instruction.

Ads