Power light keeps flashing green or amber

This is a discussion on Power light keeps flashing green or amber within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Can anyone please help. All of a sudden the power light on the droid incredible keeps flashing Green or Amber. I turned the power off ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Power light keeps flashing green or amber

Can anyone please help. All of a sudden the power light on the droid incredible keeps flashing Green or Amber. I turned the power off and also took the battery out. THe Droid just keeps flashing. Thanks in advance for all your help.
    SIncerely,
    ROttikid

2. # ADS
    Ads

That's a notification, you've got a new message, or email, or voicemail.

Re: Power light keeps flashing green or amber

When does this happen? Something similar happened to me while charging my phone, it was a bad charger!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Usually means the battery is too hot

Quote Originally Posted by hawkinc View Post
    Flashing green and amber alternately means the battery is too hot, I experienced that for the 1st time myself on Sunday, but rottikid said flashing green or amber. It sounds to me like it's just a notification blink.

Good to know...i guess I should try that charger again

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Go to:

Menu > Notifications > select the ones you want to clear or hit the Clear All button
    Why do ppl call our phones, "Dinc?" Makes it sound like a puny crappy phone or a sound effect when you flick something

You have Android now. Stop whining and complaining that iphone was easy/better... why the hell did you switch for?
    If youre going to change phones, be sure you're able to accept "CHANGE" and yes thats a change in how things are done. Its plain and simple

Btw, have a nifty day! (^_^)
    Now... wheres my beer???

Flashing Light green and amber:

Thanks everyone for all the help. It was that I had a notification. Hope everyone has a good day. Try and stay cool. This weather is really brutal especially on all my dogs.

Does anyone know what just a flashing amber LED light means when you initially plug the charger in? Mine had been on charge but streaming music and I took it out into 96 degree heat for 10 minutes as I was checking email and when I brought it back in to plug it into the charger, it would only flash the amber LED and would not power up. I tried a DC charger and an AC charger but it just kept flashing the LED. I did a battery pull, but still the same. Without a power source it would do nothing at all with no LED's on. A couple of hours later it was still doing the same thing. I then noticed for about two seconds after putting the battery in the LED would remain solid then start blinking again. To put the next 15 minutes in one statement, I finally started trying to power it up while the amber LED was solid and it actually started booting and in a few minutes of trying again while solid LED it finally seemed to have enough charge to power up. I thought the AC adapter would automatically power it up even without the battery but it wouldn't. It appears to work fine now. I'm afraid to shut it off now though, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by xmBill View Post
    Does anyone know what just a flashing amber LED light means when you initially plug the charger in? Mine had been on charge but streaming music and I took it out into 96 degree heat for 10 minutes as I was checking email and when I brought it back in to plug it into the charger, it would only flash the amber LED and would not power up. I tried a DC charger and an AC charger but it just kept flashing the LED. I did a battery pull, but still the same. Without a power source it would do nothing at all with no LED's on. A couple of hours later it was still doing the same thing. I then noticed for about two seconds after putting the battery in the LED would remain solid then start blinking again. To put the next 15 minutes in one statement, I finally started trying to power it up while the amber LED was solid and it actually started booting and in a few minutes of trying again while solid LED it finally seemed to have enough charge to power up. I thought the AC adapter would automatically power it up even without the battery but it wouldn't. It appears to work fine now. I'm afraid to shut it off now though, but we'll see.
    I waited a while longer until the phone took some charge and the phone would then turn on. I think the blinking means not enough power to attempt a boot. My phone was in storage for a while.

Ads