putting music on my SD card

This is a discussion on putting music on my SD card within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; How can I put some songs on my SD card? If I connect my phone to the computer, and select it to mount as a ...

+ Reply to Thread

putting music on my SD card

How can I put some songs on my SD card? If I connect my phone to the computer, and select it to mount as a usb device, which folder do I put music into??

2. # ADS
    Ads

When you connect your phone via USB. Your phone and SD card will show up as drives. Depending on the size of your SD card, it will be easy to tell which is which (I would rename both the drives as DROID and SD CARD or something).

Anyway, save the media files under the "my_music" folder. Your phone will be able to pick up the files from there.

Thanks, found a mp3 folder that works fine.

Rescue Squad
    I don't see (using Astro) a "my_music" folder, do I have to create one? If so, under what sub-folder, media?

WAITWHAT?! you can rename the drives? why did i never think of that?? both are same size and it's driving me nuts every time I connect to the PC. what a great, simple and elegant idea !!

Quote Originally Posted by Lactose the Intolerant View Post
    WAITWHAT?! you can rename the drives? why did i never think of that?? both are same size and it's driving me nuts every time I connect to the PC. what a great, simple and elegant idea !!
    Geez!! I forgot about that too!! I mean I was able to distinguish the two easily back then, but this just makes it easier.... completely forgot

I just cant see a way to rename drivers/folder, via Astro... am i correct?
    Last edited by WTF??; 07-02-2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Why do ppl call our phones, "Dinc?" Makes it sound like a puny crappy phone or a sound effect when you flick something

You have Android now. Stop whining and complaining that iphone was easy/better... why the hell did you switch for?
    If youre going to change phones, be sure you're able to accept "CHANGE" and yes thats a change in how things are done. Its plain and simple

Btw, have a nifty day! (^_^)
    Now... wheres my beer???

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by s197 View Post
    I don't see (using Astro) a "my_music" folder, do I have to create one? If so, under what sub-folder, media?
    Make sure you press "Home" in Astro a couple times to be sure you're at the main screen of all your folders. You should be able to see folders named my media, my flix, my pix...etc. and also a my music folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lactose the Intolerant View Post
    LOL. I didn't think renaming them was such a big deal!

Makes it much easier to know whether you're placing files on the SD card or the phone memory.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF?? View Post
    Geez!! I forgot about that too!! I mean I was able to distinguish the two easily back then, but this just makes it easier.... completely forgot

I just cant see a way to rename drivers/folder, via Astro... am i correct?
    No, you must connect your phone to the computer to rename the folders/drives.

Rescue Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcismo55 View Post
    Make sure you press "Home" in Astro a couple times to be sure you're at the main screen of all your folders. You should be able to see folders named my media, my flix, my pix...etc. and also a my music folder.
    Nope, don't have any of those and i hit home multiple times. I have a folder named media but not "my media." Are you sure those folders aren't created by a music app or something? I even did a search in astro for music and pulled up nothing.

Ads