How to disable SMS popup?

This is a discussion on How to disable SMS popup? within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Does anyone know how to disable the SMS popup? Text messages popup on the screen even when it's locked. I looked through the settings in ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to disable SMS popup?

Does anyone know how to disable the SMS popup? Text messages popup on the screen even when it's locked. I looked through the settings in the messaging app and it's not there.

thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump93 View Post
    Does anyone know how to disable the SMS popup? Text messages popup on the screen even when it's locked. I looked through the settings in the messaging app and it's not there.

thanks
    Are you using stock or another app? Not stock, but you can try handcent sms. Nice sms/mms app

Edit: My screen does not come on with a new text using stock sms. I wish it would actually...
    Last edited by mjs31; 04-29-2010 at 03:52 PM.

I downloaded handcent, which i prefer. But even though i disabled all notifications in the stock app, the popup still shows up and it's definitely a HTC thing.

I downloaded handcent, which i prefer. But even though i disabled all notifications in the stock app, the popup still shows up and it's definitely a HTC thing.
    This is actually something you have to turn off in Handcent. As far as i have seen my texts dont do that and Handcent has a popup feature so maybe you need to turn it off in Handcent.. I honestly think the stock HTC messages app does all i need it to do.

You're right. I could've sworn this happened before I downloaded Handcent though. Oh well. Thanks. First day excitement I guess.

Super Moderator
    There is a pop up option in handcent. it is below the notifications area I think.

You're right. I could've sworn this happened before I downloaded Handcent though. Oh well. Thanks. First day excitement I guess.
    No problem. Glad i could help.

I lover handcent when i had my MOTO Droid but after a day of using the stock app, I love the way its integrated in. I will give the stock app a few more days before I decide to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by big.daddy View Post
    I lover handcent when i had my MOTO Droid but after a day of using the stock app, I love the way its integrated in. I will give the stock app a few more days before I decide to swap.
    I loved it on the Droid also but doesn't seem to be useful (to me at least) on the Incredible. The stock app lets you choose from a list of contacts, put a signature, callback number and more. I dont really care what color the LED blinks and i hated the bubbles on Handcent so i always used the stock droid look on Handcent.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by big.daddy View Post

This I agree with. Just wish I had the option for a pop up window with it. Still using it though since it fits in nicely.

Ads