Error message - com.htc.bg

This is a discussion on Error message - com.htc.bg within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; I just got my phone yesterday. I've been playing around with it and it seems that whenever I turn it back on, I get this ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Error message - com.htc.bg

I just got my phone yesterday. I've been playing around with it and it seems that whenever I turn it back on, I get this message: "The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by K-10; 04-29-2010 at 10:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Try this, I unfortunately don't have my phone yet so I can't test this yet but apparently related to facebook syncing. This was a fix proposed at another unnamed forum.

Go to the people (contacts) app, goto online directories (globe), hit facebook, you will be asked to login, go back to the full contacts list and tryh to sync again. See if this gets rid of the error, let me know so I can work on kit when I get my phone in..

I don't really have the option to re-sync the contact list. I can "refresh" it, which I did. I also logged out of the Facebook app and back in again. Forgive my ignorance, I'm really new to Androids. Can you provide any additional information?

That didn't work. I did everything mentioned above. I also went through the setup, again, and logged out of Facebook there, logged back in, went to my online directory for Facebook and refreshed it, went back to my full contact list and synced it. Still getting the error message.

UPDATE: The fix to this: I downloaded "Facebook Sync" from the app market, disabled syncing through the Facebook app, then used the Sync app to do all of the work. I'm not getting any error messages anymore.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by K-10 View Post
    UPDATE: The fix to this: I downloaded "Facebook Sync" from the app market, disabled syncing through the Facebook app, then used the Sync app to do all of the work. I'm not getting any error messages anymore.
    Thanks for the update. As I mentioned in another post, we always love solutions to issues so other users can benefit. Thanks again for posting the solution

Hmmm

Hi, I just got an HTC Legend yesterday and I have the same problem. Originally I had the problem where it wouldn't sync with FB at all, and when I went into 'People' and into Facebook, or even online directories, it told me that I had no friends, even though it displayed my username and password, indicating that I was logged in. I found out that this particular problem isn't with the phone, but with Facebook, and when i changed my FB email address from a private email address to my GMail address, it works fine.
    This error message about com.htc.bg is still popping up though. Yes I know we can all download Facebook sync, but this application isn't live, it has to be updated if you want your recent profile picture, and it doesn't do status updates, or albums, just profile pictures. This is no fix.
    And even if it were, one of the main unique selling points of this OS was that feature, why should we have to rely on third party applications to do the job we were promised, and it doesn't even do it well.

Surely no one is satisfied with this 'solution'. Does anyone think there will be a fix in an update? Is it something HTC are aiming to fix?

Dom

Mine seems to be working fine with Syncing and such.

I've got the same problem on my HTC desire.. :/

Still not a fix out yet, besides from the Facebook Sync app ? This is getting on my nerves ...

Wow.. Nvm I got it to work !

People>Online Directories>Facebook, it said 0 friends.. Even tho I had the app and widget working and registered, all it took was to hit the menu button in the screen where it says 0 friends and hit the update button, it took about a min or so but eventually loaded all of my friends. Now that they are loaded I am able to go through the contacts and link them to their prospective facebook page.

Ads