Incredible won't turn on?

This is a discussion on Incredible won't turn on? within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; I've had my incredible for about a month and its worked fine but last night I accidentally left my droid on while playing music so ...

+ Reply to Thread

Question Incredible won't turn on?

I've had my incredible for about a month and its worked fine but last night I accidentally left my droid on while playing music so when I woke up this morning the battery was dead. I charged it all the way then turned it on and it turned on fine but a few minutes later it turned off on its own and now I can't get it to turn back on. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

2. # ADS
    Ads

I know some members might ridicule me on the next two statements, but its just from my own experience (so BOO on you if you wanna argue lol)
    1. Leaving the music player on can cause lots of heat to the phone/battery
    2. Charging the phone sometimes also causes heat to the phone/battery
    Perhaps leaving the battery out of the phone completely for about an hour or two and then pop it back in to see what happens
    Why do ppl call our phones, "Dinc?" Makes it sound like a puny crappy phone or a sound effect when you flick something

You have Android now. Stop whining and complaining that iphone was easy/better... why the hell did you switch for?
    If youre going to change phones, be sure you're able to accept "CHANGE" and yes thats a change in how things are done. Its plain and simple

Btw, have a nifty day! (^_^)
    Now... wheres my beer???

Well the phones been off all day so the batteries cool but ill try that. Also when I plug the charger cable in no light on the phone turns on.

Whoa no lights when plugged in?? sounds scary...

Once you've left the battery out, and IF you find out it wont turn on, try holding the "Volume Down button" and then press the power button. This is a partial method to a Hard Reset

Just an FYI:
    How to hard reset the HTC DROID Incredible - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    Why do ppl call our phones, "Dinc?" Makes it sound like a puny crappy phone or a sound effect when you flick something

You have Android now. Stop whining and complaining that iphone was easy/better... why the hell did you switch for?
    If youre going to change phones, be sure you're able to accept "CHANGE" and yes thats a change in how things are done. Its plain and simple

Btw, have a nifty day! (^_^)
    Now... wheres my beer???

Try plugging the charger into a different wall outlet and connect your phone to the charger and see if the light comes on. If it does you either didnt have the charger plugged all the way in on the previous outlet or that outlet is bad.

I don't even own an android, I registered simply to thank WTF? for his suggestion, as hard resetting by holding down the Down Volume and then turning on the android worked in fixing my sister's android with a similar problem.

Ads