music player

This is a discussion on music player within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; I've plugged in my HTC Incredible into my laptop but I'm not sure what to do next. The Micro SDHC card is already in the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: music player

I've plugged in my HTC Incredible into my laptop but I'm not sure what to do next. The Micro SDHC card is already in the phone. Do I just make a folder in the SDHC card and drag and drop music to it? How do I get rid of the preloaded songs?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    I have not tried this, but a lot of times you can go to the music site and download an app. You also might be able to find an amazon.apk and install it using apps installer (or astro for you mix).

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by xsasha92x View Post
    I've plugged in my HTC Incredible into my laptop but I'm not sure what to do next. The Micro SDHC card is already in the phone. Do I just make a folder in the SDHC card and drag and drop music to it? How do I get rid of the preloaded songs?
    I assume you have completely connected to your computer via the drop down menu on the Incredible (Mount usb)? If so, the answer is do what ever you want. You can drag a folder of songs over or drag and drop them where ever. When you do this and then UNPLUG the usb cord, the phone will quickly scan your sd card and it knows what compatible items you have put on there. They will then show up where they need to. Android OS does!!!!

Super Moderator

Ok, not sure you did mount it by what you stated. When you plug the phone into your computer you will get a notification in your notification bar. Open it and select "Mount usb". You phone then basically turns into a external hd or flash drive. You can go into "my computer" or "Computer" for windows 7 and open it up. You then can drag and drop to your hearts content. Make your own folders for movies, pictures, songs etc...doesn't matter. You can also move all pictures and videos that you took with the phone onto your computer. Simple stuff.

I figured it out. I just had to wait for the computer to install drivers lol.

Super Moderator
    I figured it out. I just had to wait for the computer to install drivers lol.
    Good deal. I recommend making your own folders if you plan on doing a lot of computer transfers. Makes things easy.

For some reason, I can't figure out how to watch movies on the device. I loaded a .avi file into the micro sdhc card but I don't even know what application to run to watch videos. The phone might not even work with .avi lol

Super Moderator
    For some reason, I can't figure out how to watch movies on the device. I loaded a .avi file into the micro sdhc card but I don't even know what application to run to watch videos. The phone might not even work with .avi lol
    Ok...you can probably watch it from "photos" app. Just open it and it will list the movie. That being said, you may need to covert it to watch it. I use handbrake and it did very well on my Droid. I will post my settings if you like. Handbrake is a free converter.

I also recommend an app call "act 1 video player". Easily the best video player for android if you tend to watch a lot of movies.

Again...not sure that avi will play. If it doesn't show up then it is incompatible and will need to be converted. No biggy...just one of those things with any smart phone out there.

Super Moderator
    Here is my handbrake settings in case I dont get back tonight. You can find handbrake using google and it is free. These were for the Droid, but will probably do you well. Just don't always try to fill the screen. Your video size should always be left proportional otherwise you crop out some parts of the picture or you deform the people by stretching or squeezing them. Just let the film be shown in its own size. These settings will do that....hopefully they work for the incredible as well as they did the Droid.

HandBrake setup (Ipod Legacy to start)

Picture settings tab

Width/Height left blank in both fields
    Anamorphic - None
    Crop -Automatic

Video tab
    H.264 (x264)
    Framerate - Same as source
    Avg bitrate - 1000 ( I use to say 1200 but there really is no need for a phone screen)

Audtio Tab
    AAC - Stereo - 48 - 160

Well doesn't the Motorola Droid have a different screen resolution than the HTC Incredible?

Ads