Colornote password

This is a discussion on Colornote password within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Is there a way to change the password used on the colornote app?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Colornote password

Is there a way to change the password used on the colornote app?

2. # ADS
    Ads

If you're changing the password to a particular note, this means you already have an existing password on the note.

So to change it:
    1. Open that note thats already password protected
    2. Put in the original password
    3. Hit Menu
    4. Hit Unlock. Now its unprotected
    5. Hit Menu again
    6. Hit Lock
    7. Put in new password you desire
    8. Hit OK

Youre done
    Why do ppl call our phones, "Dinc?" Makes it sound like a puny crappy phone or a sound effect when you flick something

You have Android now. Stop whining and complaining that iphone was easy/better... why the hell did you switch for?
    If youre going to change phones, be sure you're able to accept "CHANGE" and yes thats a change in how things are done. Its plain and simple

Btw, have a nifty day! (^_^)
    Now... wheres my beer???

Is there more than one version of colornote? I don't see an option for a password, either on a new note or one that is already there. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF?? View Post
    If you're changing the password to a particular note, this means you already have an existing password on the note.

So to change it:
    1. Open that note thats already password protected
    2. Put in the original password
    3. Hit Menu
    4. Hit Unlock. Now its unprotected
    5. Hit Menu again
    6. Hit Lock
    7. Put in new password you desire
    8. Hit OK

Youre done
    This doesn't work on my droid. I go through these steps and it will only accept the original password....and I can only use that one password for all notes, new and old.

Ahhh... now I see what you're really asking. To have different passwords individually set for multiple notes and changing them.
    Now that you point it out, I guess Colornote is limited to only store one password for all notes you choose to lock.

Sorry I only had one note locked and was able to change it like I though you wanted. So those were the steps I took.
    On two or more notes, look like itll have to be the same password.
    Why do ppl call our phones, "Dinc?" Makes it sound like a puny crappy phone or a sound effect when you flick something

You have Android now. Stop whining and complaining that iphone was easy/better... why the hell did you switch for?
    If youre going to change phones, be sure you're able to accept "CHANGE" and yes thats a change in how things are done. Its plain and simple

Now... wheres my beer???

Quote Originally Posted by RPA-DROID View Post
    Is there more than one version of colornote? I don't see an option for a password, either on a new note or one that is already there. Just curious.
    The one I have is "ColorNote Notepad Notes" by Notes
    The icon has a yellow notepad with brown font.

Once you create/edit a note, Menu > Lock

Now... wheres my beer???

I believe you understood my question right the first time. For some reason, I can only use the original password I programmed. If I unlock a note or try to lock a new one, the little password box just shakes back and forth until I enter the same word used previously.

^Yup same happens to me on a 2nd note I try to lock.
    It'll jiggle a bit if i try to password-protect it with a different password from the first note.

It baiscally forces you to use the same original password.
    Hope the developer realizes this, unless he/she intentionally designed it this way

Now... wheres my beer???

What if you unlock everything....start fresh so to speak- can you use a different password than you used previously? I am stuck with the original it seems.

WTF?? thanks for the replies nevertheless

Omg.. yeah even I remove all passwords it still requires me to use that original password.

Only thing I can think of is if u want to change the password completely, knowingly we can only use one password, is to uninstall then reinstall. But be sure u save ur notes elsewhere like on paper.

No problem with the help. I learned more about this app too

Now... wheres my beer???

Ads