Change default city on HTC weather/clock widget

This is a discussion on Change default city on HTC weather/clock widget within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Is there a way to stop the weather from picking its own location as the default? Whichever weather station mine is picking is 10 degrees ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Change default city on HTC weather/clock widget

Is there a way to stop the weather from picking its own location as the default? Whichever weather station mine is picking is 10 degrees off. I would like to make my neighboring city the default, which reports the correct temp.

I can of course manually add the city and switch to it, but when I go to my home screen, it shows my home location, which is the wrong temp.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

If you click on the temp it will show the weather for the week. Click, Menu and then Add. You can add any major city. I believe the only way it will do suburbs is by the "current location" update.

Thanks. That's all I have found too. I may just delete the whole widget. I hate looking at the weather and it says 88 degrees, when it is 100 outside.

so is it pulling info from another location or is it just not updating your actual location (such that you are looking at old but geographically accurate information) ?

If I read his original post right he is saying that his city's gauges are 10 degrees or so off and, that he would like to set it to a neighboring city so as to receive the correct temperature.

I think I got it figured out. I just trashed the widget, then reinstalled it, and was able to set it to where I wanted upon setup.

Easier way to fix this is to click the clock section of the widget-World Clock-Menu-Home Settings.

Thumbs up HTC Weather and desktop clock widget

Everyone,

After getting my HTC incredible, I thought I had the same issue as everyone here. However, there is no issue. Here's what I discovered.

As you move from place to place, the weather in settings is set to update every 3 hours. With that in mind, my phone told me the weather is Greensboro. Well, that is where I work. As I was coming home, it changed to the next city. I thought Hummmm.....

There is a "O" on the left at the bottom of the screen and this is the "update" weather button. If you press that, you "current " location changes to whatever city you are near or in. And, it works!

Hope this helps anyone thinking there is an issue.

It's not an 'O', it's two arrows chasing each other's tail. Pressing "menu" reveals, unsurprisingly, that it stands for "refresh". It's up to you to expand that to mean "refresh location".

Twitter
    slavs06
    When I go into the world clock current city is America/Detroit and Home is Newark. When i press menu in an attempt to erase these cities it is greyed out (not able to erase) any help would be appreciated.

Ads