Primary Google Account

This is a discussion on Primary Google Account within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Does anyone know how t change the primary account on the phone without doing a hard reset? Page 76 of the manual says that only ...

+ Reply to Thread

Primary Google Account

Does anyone know how t change the primary account on the phone without doing a hard reset? Page 76 of the manual says that only the default account will sync with calendar and I need to change mine to another Google account. Thanks...

2. # ADS
    Ads

Give this a shot....

Some people suggest we do factory data reset. It is not necessary. Here is how you can do it without factory data reset.

1) Go Menu -> Setting -> Applications -> Manage applications.

2) Gmail Storage -> Clear data.

3) Gmail -> Clear data.

4) Google Apps -> Clear data.

5) Google Search (enhanced) -> Clear data, then your existing contacts and your former email account are removed.

6) Restart Gmail, which will ask you to set up your Google mail account. Now you can set up a new gmail account. Then emails and contacts will be synchronized and shown up shortly.

However, it does not work for Nexus One. On Nexus One, you will not see Gmail storage, Gmail, Google apps, or Google apps item on Menu -> Setting -> Applications -> Manage applications. But for Nexus One, you can associate several email accounts with Gmail app. Here is how you add multiple email accounts to Gmail application on Nexus One.

1) Go Menu -> Setting -> Accounts & sync.

2) Add account and set up another Google email account following the wizard.

3) When you start email, you have one primary account and emails associated with it to read. When you view email, you can select Setting -> Accounts and pick your another email to check emails associated with your other email accounts.

Full Instructions@
    Mobile Bay: How to change primary email account for Android phone G1 Dream?

You do realize that if change gmail accounts you will lose all paid apps as they are tied to the gmail account that they were purchased with.

Thanks I will give it a try. This is the same info a vzw rep posted in the verizon forum

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    You do realize that if change gmail accounts you will lose all paid apps as they are tied to the gmail account that they were purchased with.
    LOL yeah, I factory reset my phone a couple of weeks ago and learned this >.<

yeah... i was thinking of changing my gmail address but i don't want to create problems, it wasn't worth it to me, probably better off creating a second gmail account...

The problem with the second accoutn is that you can't sync calendar. Only the primary account which I used a business one so I can't see my own calendar.

Ads