Wi-Fi won't connect

This is a discussion on Wi-Fi won't connect within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; When I received my Incredible last week I set up to link to my home Wi-Fi and now I can't get a connection. I know ...

+ Reply to Thread

Wi-Fi won't connect

When I received my Incredible last week I set up to link to my home Wi-Fi and now I can't get a connection. I know that the Wi-Fi is good since I am using it for my laptop.

The status that I get is "Remembered, secured with WEP", but when I try to connect I get an "unsuccessful" message.

Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Did u type in the right password? Thats the only thing i could thing off.

Active Topics

I did type in the password. I just wouldn't connect. I reset my router and started from scratch. It's all working now.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason4225 View Post
    I did type in the password. I just wouldn't connect. I reset my router and started from scratch. It's all working now.
    More times than not it is the router itself. I typically just unplug it for a few seconds and then turn it back on.

ha, well..... i had the same problem. open box tried the Wifi. wouldn't work. then i turned my mobile network. still nothing. restarted phone worked like a charm. and i haven't ever had a problem connecting to WiFi or mobile network ever again so, i think its a phone start up glitch lol. Incredible is Incredible, but its not perfect i guess.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Leonard View Post
    ha, well..... i had the same problem. open box tried the Wifi. wouldn't work. then i turned my mobile network. still nothing. restarted phone worked like a charm. and i haven't ever had a problem connecting to WiFi or mobile network ever again so, i think its a phone start up glitch lol. Incredible is Incredible, but its not perfect i guess.
    Not perfect by any means. Wifi can be a tricky thing. If you were connected at one time using a device and it no longer connects, then typically a unplug of the router will get you going again. If you never were able to connect then it very well be the item trying to connect such as the Inc. I never had the connection issue with my Inc

I had the same problem - but it was a router/phone issue. (as suggested above) I powered-off both and powered-on the router first and it worked. Probably some IP conflict with the router is my guess...

Ads