phone turns on/off by itself

This is a discussion on phone turns on/off by itself within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; Hello all, Has anyone experienced it where their phone would turn off and on by itself? For the past week or so, it's been happening ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

phone turns on/off by itself

Hello all,

Has anyone experienced it where their phone would turn off and on by itself? For the past week or so, it's been happening about once a day. Most of the time, my phone's in my pocket when it happens, but it has happened when i left the phone on the table, doing absolutely nothing.

I feel the phone vibrate, and think i get a text message, but when i go check the phone, it shows the HTC Incredible splash screen, then continues to boot the phone.

Any ideas or suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Re: phone turns on/off by itself

No that is not acceptable. Ive had cell phones in the past do this. It is a defect and a very inconvenient one too!

Return your phone..

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    -- Rooted Droid X --

- Core i7 920 @ 4.1Ghz
    - EVGA Classified 760
    - 2 x EVGA GTX 480s in SLI
    - 6GB G.Skill 2GHz CAS 8 RAM
    - Thermaltake 1200W PSU
    - BD-RW Drive

this happened to me today, but I wasn't sure if I accidentally pressed the power button or not...

Is your power button getting stuck?

I highly doubt the power button is getting stuck. if i hold down the power button when the phone is locked, it doesn't power off. i'll stop by the vzw store tomorrow, i was hoping it was some bug that could've been fixed =[.

On another note, I like seeing All Programs in List view, but every so often, it changes back to grid view. That's not a deal breaker, but it is kind of annoying.

Do not confuse this with the known 'reboot' issue; the phone reboots seemingly randomly but tied to lack of signal

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmba View Post
    Do not confuse this with the known 'reboot' issue; the phone reboots seemingly randomly but tied to lack of signal
    Really? First I have heard of this. How many have reported this? I have never had this happen and tend to be in "low to no signal" areas all the time.

Re: phone turns on/off by itself

This happened to me but it was related to an app I had installed. I don't remember which one, it was a few weeks ago. I was able to figure out which one and when I deleted it, the problem stopped.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

@jdmba

So you're saying that this is a different issue? Can you link the issue you're speaking of, just curious.

@pozer69
    I will try to uninstall some of the applications I've downloaded recently and see if that does the trick. I thought about that and started removing applications I downloaded and didn't use, but it's possible I may have missed it. I'm sure you don't know what the exact app was that caused it, but what have you removed recently?

Quote Originally Posted by markargente View Post
    @jdmba

So you're saying that this is a different issue? Can you link the issue you're speaking of, just curious.
    Just typed in "HTC INCREDIBLE" "REBOOT" into GOOGLE and brought up these 3. More can be found by going beyond 3

The not so INCREDIBLE... HTC Incredible Reboot Issue - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community
    HTC Incredible suffering random reboots for Tar Heel fans and Duke devotees? -- Engadget
    HTC Droid Incredible Reboot Problems : Product Reviews Net

Ads