Incredible boots - but hangs at white HTC screen? Please help?

This is a discussion on Incredible boots - but hangs at white HTC screen? Please help? within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; I was gifted a brand new Verizon HTC Incredible today. I activated it, got it all set up, and was loving life - and I ...

+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Incredible boots - but hangs at white HTC screen? Please help?

I was gifted a brand new Verizon HTC Incredible today. I activated it, got it all set up, and was loving life - and I noticed that it was downloading the latest droid update in the background (I'm assuming Gingerbread?). When this finished, I was asked if I wanted to update - to which I said yes. About halfway through, the thing tanked and dropped me to the recovery screen and refused to boot past the white HTC screen.

After hours of screwing around, I managed to install the stock image back on it by booting it to recovery (and using an old Motorola Droid to transfer images from my computer to the phone's SD card). So here's where I'm at now...

The phone boots and gets me to the screen to unlock. When I do so, I'm prompted about geo-location services. I can plug the phone into my USB port and it comes up and asks how I want the phone to be seen (charging, mounted as drive, etc.). However, every time I hit the home button or click off of a prompt that I'm presented with, I see nothing but the white screen with 'HTC' in the middle. I've searched high and low and found nothing on this...

Can someone PLEASE help me out...? PLEASE?

2. # ADS
    Ads

No one has any advice? I have a hard time believing that the phone is bricked given that it boots completely and certain menus pop up, volume buttons work, etc. It's not rooted, but I will gladly root it to fix it (I probably would have eventually rooted it anyway - my old Motorola was rooted).

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Brand new or new to you? Original Inc or Inc2?

New to me and pretty close to brand new. A friend bought one, had it for two weeks and hated so they bought the iPhone 4s. It's the original inc.

Rescue Squad
    Try factory reset. If that doesn't work take it to the Verizon store. It may be covered under warranty if your friend just bought it.

---
    Sent from my Samsung 8.9 Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
    Try factory reset. If that doesn't work take it to the Verizon store. It may be covered under warranty if your friend just bought it.

---
    Sent from my Samsung 8.9 Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk.
    I tried that - and Verizon says that because it was a "customer provided device" that it's not covered and my only option is to buy a new phone. I'm frustrated enough over this to consider switching in spite of ten years and thousands of dollars with Verizon.

Ads