Cell Standby Issue

This is a discussion on Cell Standby Issue within the HTC Incredible Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; I previously used a Moto Droid, then switched to DInc. My battery usage wasn't an issue until today I noticed the cell standby was at ...

+ Reply to Thread

Cell Standby Issue

I previously used a Moto Droid, then switched to DInc. My battery usage wasn't an issue until today I noticed the cell standby was at 48%, and my battery seemed to be draining faster than normal. Has this been an issue with others? (Before the flaming starts, I would've searched the forums first, but was notified that I need to post something or my account would be deleted.. )

2. # ADS
    Ads

Havnt had an issue. If youre not using your phone a lot then cell standby will be your main contributor. Have you installed any apps today? if so i would delete them and try again tomorrow.

I think it was that stupid HTC Facebook Sense widget that was the culprit. I did a factory restore and got rid of that widget, now my battery life seems back to normal.

Cell Standby drains your battery. It happened to me when the phone does not get a good signal and constantly searches for 3g or 2g. The Incredible antenna has to be small. I switched back the my Motorola Droid and have full bars on 3g in the same location and my phone is not running cell standby at all.

If you have high standby percentage and you constantly need to search between signals, you will hate this. My tech guy got the HTC 4g from Sprint and he always has all the bars and low cell stanby percentages. This is how we figured it out as the two have the same size batteries and the 4g is a lot bigger which should burn faster but it did not.

Hope this helps.

Yes, sometimes the HTC SenseUI stuff goes crazy. Usually just rebooting the phone (hold down the power button and select power off) will knock it off the fritz. Peep went crashed on me once and I had to ultimately remove the battery to get it to stop using about 50% of the CPU.

I swear by JuicePlotter and OS Monitor for watching/catching this sorta stuff.

Ads