How to get back to complete stock from s-off

This is a discussion on How to get back to complete stock from s-off within the HTC Incredible Hacks forums, part of the HTC Incredible Development category; Something happened and you need to get your phone back to stock. Don't worry we have a answer and yes I might have borrowed some ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Twitter
    dougpiston

How to get back to complete stock from s-off

Something happened and you need to get your phone back to stock. Don't worry we have a answer and yes I might have borrowed some of berzerker7's how to from XDA for this forum.

It is best to have a full charge or leave the phone plugged in during this process. Having the battery die while the device is updating would be less then desirable.

First step is to get s-on. Download this file and flash through clockwork recovery.(Note s-on does not work on radio 2.15.00.09.01. If you have radio 2.15.00.09.01 please flash this http://static.droidnetwork.net/dpist...5.00.07.28.zip through Hboot first.)
    http://static.droidnetwork.net/dpist...orever-son.zip

PB31IMG

Now that you have s-on you can now flash the 2.2 RUU with Hboot. To do this you must have your sd formatted to FAT32. Place the file below on the root of your sd card after you renamed it to PB31IMG. (Root means not in any folders) Then boot into hboot. To boot into Hboot power off the device and reboot it while pressing the vol- and the power at the same time. The phone will then look for the file and ask if you would like to accept it. Select yes and then leave the phone alone until it asks you if you would like to reboot. Select yes and enjoy you stock phone.

3.26 Build
    http://static.droidnetwork.net/dpist...00_PB31IMG.zip
    MD5: 31BB1611A0FA8197D447C0438426717E

RUU

If you are having troubles getting the PB31IMG to flash then you can use the RUU. It is for Windows only PC's and you'll need to have HTC sync installed.

HTC sync can be found here: http://www.htc.com/us/support/droid-...zon/downloads/

Once you have that installed you can run the RUU. Its very simple, just follow the instructions along the way.

RUU: http://static.droidnetwork.net/dpist...016_signed.exe
    Last edited by doug piston; 10-01-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Added RUU

2. # ADS
    Ads

Twitter
    dougpiston
    Links all fixed.

I followed the instructions to the T and a couple of things are happening or not happening. I checked the SD card for being formatted correctly and its FAT16. Tried to change it to FAT32 but cannot so I loaded the file on it as is. The instructions say to rename to PB31IMG and so I loaded it that way first and the phone did not find it, so I tried the file with .ZIP at the end and the phone still didnt find it. I went into Recovery and tried to run the .ZIP and got an error saying bad file. What now?
    Gary

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    What kind of computer are you running? Not sure why you can't format to FAT32 but the SD card needs to be 32, not 16.

Ok. MAC OSx

Twitter
    dougpiston
    Cant be installed through recovery... Needs to be fat32 and flashed through Hboot.

Going through this process today as an exercise. Here's a more detailed narrative of what happens - or at least what happened as I did it - for those like me who hate it when something appears on screen that wasn't in the instructions and wonder if we did something wrong or whatever.

* I downloaded unrevoked-forever-s-on.zip from Doug's link and placed it on the root of my SD card. Flashed with ROM Manager (ROM Manager->Install ROM from SD Card, no backup, no wipe, yadda, yadda).

* After reboot I downloaded the RUU file from Doug's link above. I deleted the S-On file from the root of my SD, copied the RUU to the root, and renamed it to PB31Img.zip
    NOTE: I left the tag (.zip) on.

* I rebooted to HBOOT

HBOOT came up, then sat and thought about things about 15-20 seconds, then the portion of the screen under the HBOOT label cleared and HBOOT reported the following:

SD Checking...
    Loading...[PB31DIAG.ZIP]
    No image!
    Loading...[PB31DIAG.NBH]
    No image or wrong image!
    Loading...[PB31IMG.ZIP]

At this point it obviously found the file, because it began parsing it, and a vertical blue progress bar appeared on the right side top of the screen. The progress bar crept to completion, then the output area cleared and HBOOT reported this:

Checking...[PB31IMG.ZIP]

It did its checking for a minute or so, then the output area cleared again and showed this:

Parsing...[SD ZIP]
    [1] BOOTLOADER
    [2] RADIO_V2
    [3] BOOT
    [4] RECOVERY
    [5] SYSTEM
    [6] SPLASH
    Do you want to start update?
    <VOL UP> Yes
    <VOL DOWN> No

I pressed volume +, and then things went kinda goofy, or that's what I thought as it happened. As it turned out, it was fine.

First, a blue OK appeared next to [1] RADIO_V2 above. Then the screen went black. Then HBOOT appeared again, and it looked for PB31DIAG.ZIP, PB31DIAG.NBH, and PB31IMG.ZIP again. It did a very brief check of PB31IMG.ZIP, then displayed the following:

HBOOT

Parsing...[SD ZIP]
    [1] RADIO_V2 - OK
    [2] BOOT - Updating

It went through the entire list, first displaying Updating, then OK as it finished each item. When all five items had OK next to them, it reported:

Update Complete...
    Do you want to reboot device?
    <VOL UP> Yes
    <VOL DOWN> No

I pressed volume +, and the phone rebooted. It flashed the white HTC Incredible Screen, then went to a black screen with a logo of two green arrows forming a circle around a third arrow pointing downward. Sat there for, oh 30 seconds. I was just starting to get a little nervous about it when the white splash screen flashed again, then it went on into the normal DInc splash and droid eye screen. Finally booted up, with the familiar lockscreen over the HTC multicolor wallpaper.

You'll know the routine from there, just like out of the box - unlock the screen, then the setup wizard, etc.

That's what it looked like to me to do a stock restore.

Best,

Raz
    Last edited by razgueado; 11-10-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Twitter
    dougpiston
    Well done. Great post.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Fantastic job, Raz. Thank you for the post.

Fantastic job, Raz.
    I just wonder if I will have to do that if a new OTA update comes soon like predicted. I am rooted with a changed splash screen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads