How to get back to complete stock from s-off

This is a discussion on How to get back to complete stock from s-off within the HTC Incredible Hacks forums, part of the HTC Incredible Development category; did that 3 times wont work, thats why I asked about the links...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    did that 3 times wont work, thats why I asked about the links

2. # ADS
    Ads

ok E: Can't open/sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory) installation aborted. what is this and why. clock mod v 3.0.0.8 radio 2.15.00.07.28

Ok screw this keep it the way it but maybe do a different rom? would that make it better and get rid of my problems along with making it faster and still using the wireless tether? which one do I do? any suggestions

Im due for an upgrade anyways so whats the worse that can happen, get a Samsung Charge lol
    Last edited by kramer56; 06-05-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: forgot

Rescue Squad
    You're choosing the wrong option in clockwork. Don't choose install update.zip, choose install zip from SD card, then you need to navigate to the correct S-On file.

I have done both and same result, no file to be found.

OK what is a good easy to use rom that will keep the phone working good and keep me happy?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer56 View Post
    I have done both and same result, no file to be found.

OK what is a good easy to use rom that will keep the phone working good and keep me happy?

Redemption or skyraider are ones I have tried. Can't complain with either.
    Quote Originally Posted by EFINIncredible View Post
    Watchout for Razorburn
    Motorola Barrage V860
    Stock Motorola Xoom

I followed this guide on page 1, downloaded the rom to the SD card, got all the way through the installing and updating with all "OK", I get to the last step where it asks to reboot after installing it all and it just takes me back to the fastboot screen. I don't the the HTC logo splash, or droid eye.. I've done this twice now with the same result. On the fastboot page bootloader is highlighted blue and when i press the vol + or - it dosen't do anything, neither does the power button to select anything.. The only thing that works is holding down the vol - and power button to get into HBOOT. I'm stuck and don't know where to go from here.. Any ideas?

Sorry to interrupt the flow here, this seemed to be the closest topic to my question. With my dINC 2.2, rooted (unrevoked3) I could have sworn that I read something about unrooting with unrevoked. For lack of a better term I just want to reverse the process ie: run unroot program and have my phone the way it was before I rooted. I don't want it to be in "out of the box" condition if I don't have to, I just want it the way it was before rooting. Can anyone direct me to a thread or link??

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsruggles View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the flow here, this seemed to be the closest topic to my question. With my dINC 2.2, rooted (unrevoked3) I could have sworn that I read something about unrooting with unrevoked. For lack of a better term I just want to reverse the process ie: run unroot program and have my phone the way it was before I rooted. I don't want it to be in "out of the box" condition if I don't have to, I just want it the way it was before rooting. Can anyone direct me to a thread or link??
    Unfortunately there is no unroot program. The steps outlined in Doug's post is the procedure for unrooting an HTC Incredible. The procedure will take your phone to the factory fresh state. no user data, no settings, no custom anything. You will boot it up and run through the initial setup you did when you first got your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by EFINIncredible View Post
    Watchout for Razorburn
    Motorola Barrage V860
    Stock Motorola Xoom

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsruggles View Post
    Your only option to unroot is to run the RUU, which will take you to "out of the box" condition. There is no unrevoked unroot option.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Ads