Radios. The how-to.

This is a discussion on Radios. The how-to. within the HTC Incredible Hacks forums, part of the HTC Incredible Development category; Old and Super out dated. pvillecomp.com has all the radios and then some...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Twitter
    dougpiston

Radios. The how-to.

Old and Super out dated. pvillecomp.com has all the radios and then some
    Last edited by doug piston; 10-01-2011 at 08:22 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Once again,
    Thanks Doug for the great write up. I feel I am partially responsible for that first line about all the confusion in the last couple of days, haha.

Nice writeup. This is the p roblem i was running into last night. Good thing i figured it out without bricking my phone.

So i have another question.

I was rooted first, then did this radio upgrade just as you explained it but some writeups say i need to reroot the phone. Is that true?

I flashed skyraider after which i figure wouldnt be allowed unless i was rooted. I went back to try and reroot using unrevoked and it doesnt show "other devices/android 1.0" in order to root.

Does this mean im still rooted?

Edit: that is for just updating the driver... hmm
    Last edited by Ianxcom; 08-24-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Rescue Squad
    If you have the SuperUser app still on your phone, you're rooted.

Man... thank you so much for this post. I have been trying to flash my radio for days and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I'm a noob and not techy at all, but was able to root, s-off, and flash skyraider 2.5.2 from reading through the blogs, but the one thing I was getting stuck on was flashing my radio. The mistake is not understanding "root" of sd card. I was creating a "Root" folder and kept putting the .zip file in there. I was getting so frustrated. You're directions explained it perfectly. Thanks again, man.

Now I'm: DIncredible, rooted, s-off, 2.15, Skyraider 2.5.2 and loving it!

Thanks, great job summarizing..

I have actually rooted and installed a couple of 2.2 ROM's but never messed with the radio for all the warnings. I recently reverted back to stock since I prefer to get the official OTA whenever it comes as a base then will root the phone again.

Still busy supporting my Omnia WM ROM's but plan to move onto Android ROM building soon.

Anyway, I installed the un-rooted version 2.05 radio with no trouble at all. Now I am 2.1 with radio 2.05 and seeing improvements in the bars.

OP NOTE: I would just add to the tutorial step 4 the details on how to get into recovery mode. Some people may not know about vol-/power then select recovery to get there before step 5.

Hi, and thanks for bringing this together, but (you knew there was a 'but') now that s-off is in play, I think it's extreemely important to accompany any PB31IMG.zip with a md5sum and something of a source reference. After all, what s-off does is disable such checking for all time, doesn't it? IMHO being a noob to DIncs but rather experienced at flashing rockboxen and wrt's, it would be soooo easy for someone to troll a corrupt PB31IMG to the unwary. Wouldn't it? Maybe I am wrong.

I got to your post here after saving another PB31IMG.zip from some other credible resource with its own md5sum. Now this one, which after CAREFUL reading I see is for a newer radio version than what I thought was current. So I am thankful for your attempt at clarity, but newly confused (or more literally, confussed) and must do more searches before I can commit to a procedure that could brick my new toy. It would be nice to find someone somewhere who could list the possible radio images vs their bugs or features or lineage, with checksums. I would also love to find some reference to the file structure/partitions for this thing, so I can begin to feel comfortable as to what does what to which chunk or layer or abstraction in Android.

Regards, first post here, but I at least don't have 50 posts saying 'cool' or "I wonder if something off topic will work..."
    -=c=-

Rescue Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by contrary View Post
    Hi, and thanks for bringing this together, but (you knew there was a 'but') now that s-off is in play, I think it's extreemely important to accompany any PB31IMG.zip with a md5sum and something of a source reference. After all, what s-off does is disable such checking for all time, doesn't it? IMHO being a noob to DIncs but rather experienced at flashing rockboxen and wrt's, it would be soooo easy for someone to troll a corrupt PB31IMG to the unwary. Wouldn't it? Maybe I am wrong.
    I very much agree with this, thank you for bringing this up. Unfortunately the only dev who is really good about posting MD5's is adrynalyne. I'm sure others do, but many do not. I asked the SkyRaider dev several times for the MD5 and was just ignored.

For ROMs it's not a big deal but for radio images you bring up a great point that I honestly never really thought about before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads