Blinking amber light when charging?
So my 7-week-old dinc took a brief unplanned dip into seawater. After various recovery attempts (rubbing alcohol, rice, etc.) it was a goner.
I bought a used replacement of the same model. Then I figured I'd take the risk of seeing if I could use the old battery as a back up battery for the "new" phone. When I plug in the dinc with the old battery to charge, I get a blinking amber light. I'm assuming that means that the old battery is a goner too, but I thought I'd ask here.
04-11-2011 01:23 AM
I haven't had the bad battery experience. However I believe you are right... according to this thread a blinking amber light = dead battery.
IMO I wouldn't chance ruining a smart phone to charge a potentially bad $25 battery...
Originally Posted by EFINIncredible
Motorola Barrage V860
Stock Motorola Xoom
I've gotten the amber light from heat as well. But after surviving a hurricane many moons ago I learned a couple valuable lessons... 1. Sea water is highly corrosive to electronics, batteries and compact disks. 2. When they say a hurricane is coming, get the hell outta there. With that said I would guess your sea dipped battery is a goner
I'll be patient. I ordered one of those 3500 mAh batteries (with cover) to try that out (the dinc battery life is crazy short), so my current working battery may turn into my back-up battery and I'll likely get rid of the submariner battery. Thanks!
I bought the extended battery that fits in the stock case and then rooted (left stock Sense in place), flashed a nice little kernel, debloated and I just got 1 d 4h and change out of my DINC