Backup Incredible

This is a discussion on Backup Incredible within the HTC Incredible General Discussion forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; I've spent a lot of time over the last week adding LOTS of things to this phone and I was just wondering if there is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Backup Incredible

I've spent a lot of time over the last week adding LOTS of things to this phone and I was just wondering if there is any way to backup everything to my computer in case of a crash or worse, lost phone!!!! I know how to save SD card data but all apps etc I don't know how to save!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    This is a tough one. There are apps in the market that will back up your apps, but not your data. I do recommend backing up any data you have via the app itself if they have that option. Some do and some don't. Should you choose to root your phone when it becomes available, the first app to get from the market is Titanium backup (paid version). This will back up all your apps with all of the data and also your complete user settings, messages etc. You can do it as a batch or individually and then you have tons of options on loading them back up. It also relinks all of your apps to the market which is very nice.

As mentioned, you have to be rooted.

Whats everybody use to back up their apps?

Super Moderator
    I don't unless I can do data as well. Just as easy for me to reinstall via the market.

Desktop manager was the bomb on blackberry. USB to the laptop and click backup.

In theory couldn't you USB your device and drag and drop the entire contents to a folder on your desktop? Have an issue, drag and drop it back and allow it to overwrite.

I haven't tried it, that's just a theory.
    E

It looks like the only thing you can see on the phone is the SD card all other stuff(apps etc) are on internal memory and don't show up on computer. I think!!!!

Super Moderator
    Correct. This will not work which is why root access is required

When I USB my device I get two additional removable drives that show up in My Computer. One is my device and the other is my SDCard. I've gone into both which is why I'm thinkin a copy paste could suffice for now.
    E

Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    It looks like the only thing you can see on the phone is the SD card all other stuff(apps etc) are on internal memory and don't show up on computer. I think!!!!
    All my files show up. The sd and phone itself both appear.

I just bought My Backup Pro a little pricey(4.99 compared to free) But I'm very impressed so far!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads