My Incredible is shutting off on me - Can't use my phone - Pissed off!!!!!

This is a discussion on My Incredible is shutting off on me - Can't use my phone - Pissed off!!!!! within the HTC Incredible General Discussion forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; I'm pretty freaking pissed off at Verizon and HTC...I am no longer a fan of HTC, as this is my 2nd HTC device, and I ...

+ Reply to Thread

My Incredible is shutting off on me - Can't use my phone - Pissed off!!!!!

I'm pretty freaking pissed off at Verizon and HTC...I am no longer a fan of HTC, as this is my 2nd HTC device, and I have had horrible problems with both:

Yesterday I was trying to use my phone, and all of a sudden a froze...then the screen went blank. When I tried to wake it by tapping the power button, only the lights on the button came on, but no luck with the screen. I proceeded to remove the battery...waited for 15 sec...put the battery back in, and turned the phone back on. It turned on, but about 2-5 min. of use, it repeated the same thing. I have probably removed and replaced my battery roughly 20 times now since last night...NO LUCK!!! I took the phone to a Verizon store, where they proceeded to do their own tests...they even replaced the battery, and it did the same thing with the sales guy. All they say they can do, is have another Incredible shipped, which will be on Tuesday. When I ask what I can do till then...they shrug their shoulders and say, sorry. WTF!?!?1???? What kind of customer service is this? Leave the customer hanging without a phone.

Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Call customer service to complain about the delay. They can ship it with Saturday delivery if they insist upon 2 day. Other than that there's not much anyone can suggest.

This has been happening to me..I'm on my second Incredible (blown speaker). You have to charge it to get it to come on again....not sure what is up with it.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    The new must go without policy just sucks. It was MUCH more customer friendly when you went to a store with a broken phone and came out with a working one..
    It's one thing for cosmetic or functions that don't make the phone unusable but in the OPs case that just stinks.
    I have some back up phones available from days gone by but not everyone does.
    Back when they were contel/ GTE they would give you a loaner, usually a beat up poc, but a working poc.

wified from a monolith using a slider
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    The new must go without policy just sucks. It was MUCH more customer friendly when you went to a store with a broken phone and came out with a working one..
    It's one thing for cosmetic or functions that don't make the phone unusable but in the OPs case that just stinks.
    I have some back up phones available from days gone by but not everyone does.
    Back when they were contel/ GTE they would give you a loaner, usually a beat up poc, but a working poc
    I believe in most cases they will provide you a loaner but understandably require a deposit for the phone. IIRC, the OP here said in another thread they offered one for $100- fully refundable upon return of the phone. I have no problem with that- they're not going to let phones go for free. Even non-feature phones have a cost. However, moral of the story is it's a good idea to keep a spare phone around after you upgrade in case you run into a situation like this.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    I've been with Verizon or who they assimilated since 93 and I see your point on the deposit but if you saw the phones they gave as loaners (think saved by the bell sized) you'd see why they didn't. Nobody would want to steal those brick sized/ weight things
    Verizons change of policy over the last couple of years just doesn't make good customer sense to me. I'm not saying carry lots of models but definitely have a few refurb on hand for big sellers like the droid1, cosmos and such. It's good business to make folks feel important and manya person will walk away feeling important ifa business takes care of their need right then when possible vs fedex on Tues, especially with the track record of refurb phones. If they have some in store the rep can usually see right away from activation if it'sa dud or a customer being picky.
    Just call me old school I guess but I got spoiled by Verizon fixing my Verizon problems on the spot over the years either in store or via 611
    For years Verizon grew in spite of their phone selection pricing and network but sadly those days are gone. The employees can only do what the being number 1 policy changes allow
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU

First off, I would like to apologize for bashing Verizon. I was a tad bit frustrated. So, later on that day, I made it back to the Verizon store. I talked to the same manager, and she agreed to give me a loaner. So she had a sales person ring me up, and place the order for the new phone. Long story short, he started to play around with the phone and came to the conclusion that the cause of my issue was from the PNY micro SD card I was using. He was claiming that the incredible was meant to only work with sandisk cards. I first heard this and took it as an excuse, but since then, I have not had the card in the phone, and it has not froze. last night I put the card in, and within 2 min, the phone froze. Strange!

Thoughts?

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    Well you also solved my sd problem with that update. I have a used, reformatted pny 8gb card that my phone refuses to see and when I install it all my memory gets grayed out , not just sd memory. Put the stock card back in, all is fine
    I still go back to my initial IF, like the days of old, they had taken the time to explore more than just get em in get em out customer service the problem could have been resolved sooner. I do NOT blame the employees. I blame the policies they are forced to adhere to or lose their jobs. At first I thought it was a commission on the reps problem but have found they have quotas that if not met lead to job loss not just commission loss

Ads