Ringer/Notifications Cut Off or Don't Sound at All

This is a discussion on Ringer/Notifications Cut Off or Don't Sound at All within the HTC Incredible General Discussion forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; As of recent, my ringtones and notifications are basically broken. My text/voice mail notification only goes off for a split second (if it does at ...

+ Reply to Thread

Ringer/Notifications Cut Off or Don't Sound at All

As of recent, my ringtones and notifications are basically broken. My text/voice mail notification only goes off for a split second (if it does at all) and my phone's ringer doesn't ring when receiving calls. Earlier, these symptoms were sporadic, but now its pretty much constant.

I have verified the phone is set to ringer, volume is all the way up, and quiet on pick up is off. I've also restarted the phone multiple times. The only thing I haven't done yet is factory reset it, but I'm going to take it into a store first before I do that (I assume they'll just have me do the same thing though).

Has anyone else had this problem? My phone is actually a CLNR, so I'm worried its a bum refurb like so many are. Its such a pain in the a** to have to get your phone replaced, re-setup everything again, and buy and/or install the screen protectors again.
    Last edited by Detonation; 10-06-2010 at 10:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Turns out it was the app "Doodle Bowling" I recent got that was causing the problems. My sounds were working fine this morning, so I suspected it was some app running in background that closed overnight. Opened up Doodle Bowling and sure enough, notifications were being cut off and the ringer was broke. Kind of a bummer because that was a fun game.

Some apps can disable certain settings on your phone and some apps are just plain junk. Thanks for posting your findings...will help someone else down the road.
    X-Iphone user and lifelong AT&T Basher. She has the DINC 2, daughter has the DINC and Im rockin the Razr MAXX.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    I've got something sporadically turning my system sound off. I haven't figured out what it is yet but have installed a sound manager app to turn it back on when it happens
    I've uninstalled many an app but haven't found the one yet and it does it with no particular rhythm or pattern

wified from my Incredible monolith using some form of slider keypad on Tapatalk
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    I've got something sporadically turning my system sound off. I haven't figured out what it is yet but have installed a sound manager app to turn it back on when it happens
    I've uninstalled many an app but haven't found the one yet and it does it with no particular rhythm or pattern

wified from my Incredible monolith using some form of slider keypad on Tapatalk
    Is your sound actually getting turned off, like the settings are being changed? My settings weren't getting changed, the sound just wouldn't play.

Ads