can someone explain what exchange email is ?

This is a discussion on can someone explain what exchange email is ? within the HTC Incredible General Discussion forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; i have a blackberry and i want to upgrade to incredible . what is exchange email ,also what does push email mean ? i get ...

+ Reply to Thread

can someone explain what exchange email is ?

i have a blackberry and i want to upgrade to incredible . what is exchange email ,also what does push email mean ? i get most of my mail from aol and im wondering if ill get it the same way if i switch to htc incr . thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tbta02 View Post
    i have a blackberry and i want to upgrade to incredible . what is exchange email ,also what does push email mean ? i get most of my mail from aol and im wondering if ill get it the same way if i switch to htc incr . thanks.
    .... Blackberry is the king of push e-mail and you don't know what it is?!

push email is when the phone doesn't search for mail every 5 minutes or so, and instead the mail is pushed to the phone as soon as its in the server. hope i explained that right

Quote Originally Posted by J-Buck View Post
    push email is when the phone doesn't search for mail every 5 minutes or so, and instead the mail is pushed to the phone as soon as its in the server. hope i explained that right
    Doesn't that use up even more battery? Does the HTC Incredible have push e-mail? I never noticed... I just wait for the notification to pop up lol...

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    Quote Originally Posted by xsasha92x View Post
    Doesn't that use up even more battery? Does the HTC Incredible have push e-mail? I never noticed... I just wait for the notification to pop up lol...
    If your mail is set up on a Gmail account, you're using the push e-mail function on the Droid. Yes, it does eat up the battery some, but I really prefer the real time mail. Helps a lot in my business.

Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    If your mail is set up on a Gmail account, you're using the push e-mail function on the Droid. Yes, it does eat up the battery some, but I really prefer the real time mail. Helps a lot in my business.
    Smart phones wouldn't be very smart if they didn't have real time e-mail. That is a reason why blackberrys have been so popular. Of course, they are dying because of smarter smart phones, like the droids.

Exchange email is business related. I think it involves microsoft exchange. It's a way for people to get their work emails on their phones. Push email actually saves battery in most cases. Your gmail account is "pushed" to your phone as a new email comes in. When you set up a different email on an android device, ie...yahoo, aol, etc... the email app actually goes out and looks for email at different intervals. You can set it to look at different intervals or not look at all and only access it if you actually select to look for it. Push email can cut into your battery if you're getting emails every few minutes but I only get 3-5 a day. I have a yahoo account and I have it set up to only look for emails there every 2 hours. Hope this helps.

Ads