New user question

This is a discussion on New user question within the HTC Incredible General Discussion forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; First of all, id like to say hi! Im new to this forum, and a brand new incredible user. (had mine 2 weeks now). I ...

+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation New user question

First of all, id like to say hi! Im new to this forum, and a brand new incredible user. (had mine 2 weeks now). I have a question, though, and this may be in the wrong section, so I apologize if it is. I susbscribe to FB mobile txts, and get status updates to my phone. when i first got my phone, i could "reply" or "like" to them via txt and it would function properly. The last couple of days however, when i reply to them, one of 3 things happen...1) nothing happens 2)it sends the user a fb email instead of putting the comment on their status or 3) it just sets my comment as my status. Anybody else having these issues? I'm not a tech newbie, but this is confusing the crap outta me.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Can't help you out - I've never used FB mobile texts... perhaps Googling it will lead you to some help? Grats on the new phone and good luck!

I've tried to google it, but it's hard to describe the problem to a search engine :P
    "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

my only suggestion is to check out the fb app? the newly updated one for android is pretty good..

My only experience with facebook mobile is this. When updating your status via txt, there is a certain number you send the txt to. ie: 32665. Whenever you want to comment on your status or something like that, there is another number to txt to. ie 32665-01. Each number you txt to goes to a separate "inbox" that has a different function than the rest. Usually if someone comments on your status, you will get a txt about it, and the txt will say 'Joe Six pack commented on your status (insert comment here) reply to 32665-xx to respond to Joe Six pack's comment'. Hope this helps you figure it out. I agree with Pamala though, check out the fb app. Much easier to use than txt updates. Good luck.

D
    Phone: HTC IncREDible
    Rooted: Yes
    S-Off: Yes
    ROM: Redemptive rEVOlution 2.1
    Theme: REDemption 2.3.1
    Baseband: 2.15.00.09.01
    Kernal: 2.6.32.25-ck2 zuggy471@mightyrom #44

yeah, when i reply to 32665XX it SHOULD just post to whatever its pointing towards...like a friends status update sayin "Joeshmo is in the city pulling shenannigans" reply to comment. The only reason I still have those coming is that i have a select group of friends/family that I want to see their status come in, and it's often easier to fire off a quick txt to their status update instead of firing up the FB app and then finding their page, etc...I did notice, however that my GF's BB Bold did the same thing today when she replied to a friends status update...it sent a fb email rather than a post to their status...I'm wondering if this is all a FB issue and not a phone issue...
    "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRangerDoc View Post
    ....I'm wondering if this is all a FB issue and not a phone issue...
    completely probable knowing fb

hi,....
    you are doing good.
    keep it up and thanks for sharing

Ads