Alarm Clock doesn't work?

This is a discussion on Alarm Clock doesn't work? within the HTC Incredible General Discussion forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; Hi all, Is the alarm clock flaky for anyone else? I've tried using it as a wakeup call the last 2 mornings, and it hasn't ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Alarm Clock doesn't work?

Hi all,

Is the alarm clock flaky for anyone else? I've tried using it as a wakeup call the last 2 mornings, and it hasn't worked. However, whenever I try testing it (by setting the alarm for a few minutes from the current time) it works. I always test it at night, and the desired wakeup calls are always in the morning, if it makes any difference...

2. # ADS
    Ads

Wake up call as in u call your phone? my alarm works fine. If u sleep with your phone on silent u have to set it to still work in silent mode.

Active Topics

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Buck View Post
    Wake up call as in u call your phone? my alarm works fine. If u sleep with your phone on silent u have to set it to still work in silent mode.
    Alarm should automatically be set to work in silent mode. Are you running a task killer?

Just in case...make sure alarm clock is still checked to work in silent mode as mentioned by J-Buck. While in the alarm clock app, click menu then settings. It will be the top selection.
    Last edited by mjs31; 06-08-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Super Moderator
    On a side note...as I have posted several times, I use the alarm at least 4 times per day and NEVER had one missed alarm.

yeah that setting is checked, as it was by default. I am using a task killer, maybe that is the problem. I've unchecked Clock, let's see if it works. I thought it would be ok because the alarm icon was still in the notification bar even when i killed the clock application.

I will update...tomorrow morning

now that I think about it though...the last thing I pressed before I went to bed was the night clock (the night mode button in the Clock app), so that means the Clock was running....

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SubMatrix View Post
    yeah that setting is checked, as it was by default. I am using a task killer, maybe that is the problem. I've unchecked Clock, let's see if it works. I thought it would be ok because the alarm icon was still in the notification bar even when i killed the clock application.

I will update...tomorrow morning
    Tell ya what...I would uninstall it for a day or two and see what happens. Not saying this is absolutely the problem, but these stupid and not needed apps cause way more problems then they are worth. Again...may not be it, but you can search my thoughts on these types of apps

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SubMatrix View Post
    now that I think about it though...the last thing I pressed before I went to bed was the night clock (the night mode button in the Clock app), so that means the Clock was running....
    Correct, but task killers kill at periods if any type of auto mode. I just have never ever had one missed alarm. Did I mention never? Task killers cause more issues with other apps than any other thing. If it is not this, than you have major issues since the only other known item is the Silent mode. For this to happen you not only need to be in silent mode, but also had to have unchecked the silent mode box. You have checked this.

I dont use a Task Killer and my alarm has never failed me once... I, too, also have 2 alarms per day
    Why do ppl call our phones, "Dinc?" Makes it sound like a puny crappy phone or a sound effect when you flick something

You have Android now. Stop whining and complaining that iphone was easy/better... why the hell did you switch for?
    If youre going to change phones, be sure you're able to accept "CHANGE" and yes thats a change in how things are done. Its plain and simple

Btw, have a nifty day! (^_^)
    Now... wheres my beer???

i dont use my task killer on auto for sure, but if it fails me tomorrow morning again, I will try uninstalling it and seeing if anything changes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads