(NEW) battery trick!!! 6/5/10

This is a discussion on (NEW) battery trick!!! 6/5/10 within the HTC Incredible General Discussion forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; So i've had my droid since it's release and i've been trying everything to extend the battery... currently I have wifi, gps, bluetooth off... Screen ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

(NEW) battery trick!!! 6/5/10

So i've had my droid since it's release and i've been trying everything to extend the battery... currently I have wifi, gps, bluetooth off... Screen brightness lowered, increased my sync settings etc.. My phone will last from about 9am to 9pm with medium usage, but what really annoyed me was in the first 5 minutes my battery would drop 10 percent!! I've tried the battery trick where once its charged completely you shut the phone off and the light turns green for another 30+ minutes, that trick worked and I was able to use my phone heavy (wifi etc..) for 30+ minutes before I seen a drop in battery!!! Unfortunately, I hated the fact of shutting my phone off in the morning!! Yesterday when my phone dropped 10% in 3 minutes I clicked on the desk clock screen (that shows the time, temp, alarm options etc...) and then I plugged in the charger and the battery percent comes up in the lower right hand corner... I've seen this before nothing new, but what surprised me was my phone was only off the charger for most 3 minutes and it read 93%, I kept it on that screen to see how long it takes for each increase in 1% point and it took about 30 minutes... When I finally disconnected it the battery lasted like when I did the originally battery trick (30+ minutes) before I saw the first drop in battery life... Last night when I went to bed I thought let me try that again maybe it was just a mistake so BEFORE I connected my charger I clicked on the desk clock screen, then I plugged my charger in to reveal the battery percent... This morning when I woke up I got 34 minutes of surfing facebook, internet etc. using wifi and making at 22 minute phone call before the initial drop in battery!!! I hope this continues to work because I took it off the charger at 7:40 am its now 11:40 am and im at 90%... I've only tried it twice but so far so good, let me kno if you get similar results
    Last edited by droid2083; 06-05-2010 at 10:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Thanks for the tip, My phone was charging since last night and the light was green ( Full) , Once I followed what you did and opened up the desk clock and reconnected it ( It's back to charging), really hated the first drop within minutes...

Thanks again
    Strom2>Eris>Droid>Incredible

Re: (NEW) battery trick!!! 6/5/10

great tip. It works.

sent from my HTC-incredible via tapatalk

I love setting the phone on desk clock mode while charging.... But I'll have to observe the battery life next time I do. Thanks!

Step 1: Open desk clock app
    Step 2: Hit back key to see time and weather
    step 3: plug in charger
    step 4: no difference

What am I doing wrong?

Another trick is to use an extended battery

Active Topics

step 1: from the main incredible screen tap the flip clock time display (should be in DESK CLOCK SCREEN)
    step 2: plug in charger (and keep in that screen)
    step 3: Get full charge

j-buck,

lol good answer... I was debating getting the sedio 1750 mAh but i've heard mix reviews!! My friend got it and said the only difference he noticed was the phone felt like it was on fire! I'm going to hold off and get the HTC 2150 mAh hopefully it won't get delayed again..
    Last edited by droid2083; 06-05-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Nice trick but the problem is that there are charging issues on the HTC incredible. Those issues have been discussed here and on other forums, including HTC's own support forum. I hope HTC fixes this soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by droid2083 View Post
    step 1: from the main incredible screen tap the flip clock time display (should be in DESK CLOCK SCREEN)
    step 2: plug in charger (and keep in that screen)
    step 3: Get full charge
    I get a reading of 100% battery life and then it drops to 99% within 2 minutes. Using a Seido 1750

mmisterio:

im using the stock 1300 mAh battery... tonight when you go to charge it overnight try it... when you connect the plug leave it on the DESK CLOCK SCREEN so you can see the percent charged... see if that makes a difference

mapexvenus: Yeah I read about the charging issues... This isn't a final solution, I just couldn't stand waking up, and having to shut my phone off to charge more.. I'm late to work enough lol
    Last edited by droid2083; 06-05-2010 at 02:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads