Can I Unlock my HTC Incredible (currently on verizon) and take to Straight Talk?

This is a discussion on Can I Unlock my HTC Incredible (currently on verizon) and take to Straight Talk? within the HTC Incredible General Discussion forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; Hello all- I currently have the first model HTC Incredible that came out for Verizon Wireless. Is it possible to use this phone on the ...

+ Reply to Thread

Can I Unlock my HTC Incredible (currently on verizon) and take to Straight Talk?

Hello all-
    I currently have the first model HTC Incredible that came out for Verizon Wireless. Is it possible to use this phone on the straight talk network? My phone is 100% stock and out of contract. Is it possible to do this, considering I have no sim card?

2. # ADS
    Ads

No. The Droid Incredible is a CDMA device (which is what Verizon Wireless uses), while StraightTalk runs on GSM.

Well CRAP because that was my question and desire as well...

@jpr Is my beloved Incredible a "brick?"

Hey nic_u812

I had the exact same question...What did you end up doing? Please/Thanks in Advance..

I'm not @jpr here, just jpr.

A bricked phone is one that does not boot up at all, so you can't say that about your Incredible.

It may not be usable on Verizon, but it's WiFi capabilities should remain unimpaired.

This may work: download Groove IP, which uses WiFi to make telephone calls.

Thank you very much jpr. PLEASE understand/believe me when I type that I meant nothing bad about the @jpr deal...I don't even know what that means, but I do know I did NOT mean anything in any way negative toward you. That said thank you very much for the WIFI idea. I had absolutely no idea you could do this. I already bought a piece of crap IMHO Samsung phone Model R375 which was totally my bad. I only had 1 day left before another billing period started on my Verizon account and made a hasty/terrible choice. I had Verizon for 13 years and was tired of paying twice what StraightTalk costs. And in my area StraightTalk supposedly uses Verizon. Maybe they just use their towers. Anyway, I had my beloved Incredible ( 1st edition ) since it was first introduced and loved it...I guess what I really need to do is "jailbreak" or "unlock" it. Again I'm a newbie and even though ALL these forums make this sound like child's play it is NOT for me...The fellow at WalMart said HTC had a site where you could do this but I can NOT find it...IT just sits on top of my dresser mocking me... ...Again jpr THANKS...

Ads