Questions Before I Root My DInc
I've had my Incredible for a little over a month now and I LOVE it. I've read a bit about rooting it and I'm seriously considering it but before I do, I have a couple questions.
1. Will rooting the phone erase any of my data, apps, or settings? I was thinking about using the unrevoked program.
2. After the phone is rooted, will I still get the Froyo update that is due some time this month, or any future updates?
3. How often to phones get bricked when trying to root?
4. What kind of effect will rooting have on the speed of my phone? I know that Froyo is supposed to speed things up but, like everyone else, I'm still waiting on that update.
Thanks for the help! If I think of anything else I'll add to the thread.
08-18-2010 08:44 PM
1. rooting will not erase any of your apps, data, contacts, or settings
2. The update should be pushed to you if not you can get it manually
3. Phones only get bricked during the rooting process if the user does something drastically wrong or they are trying to brick it.
4. Rooting won't affect the speed of your device unless you are running a form of froyo which will change it for the better.
Incredible | Rooted | S-OFF | Dual Booted With CM7 and MIUI
Incredible 2 | Rooted | S-OFF |