Power and Battery Questions.

This is a discussion on Power and Battery Questions. within the HTC Incredible FAQs forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; When I first receive my phone do I need to charge the battery? Your phone ships with a partially charged battery so itís suggested you ...

+ Reply to Thread

Power and Battery Questions.

When I first receive my phone do I need to charge the battery?

Your phone ships with a partially charged battery so itís suggested you charge your battery fully before first use. The battery is fully charged when the notification LED turns green. It is recommended to charge the battery for 8 hours the first time to ensure that the battery has had time to recharge.

Note: It is recommended that you only use the charger and cable provided in the box your phone was shipped in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What can I use to charge my phone?

Only the AC adapter and USB sync cable provided with your phone should be used to charge the phone.

What should I do if the deviceís standby time seems to be decreasing?

Standby time may differ, depending on how you use your device. Turning on and using wireless functions such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi may use up the battery faster. Long-duration calls, camera usage, Internet connection, and more will use up the battery faster.

Why does the phone heat up when Iím charging the battery or when Iím making long duration calls?

It is normal for the device to heat up during charging. After charging, it will return to its normal temperature. It is normal for the device to heat up when you are using the same function for a long time, such as making long-duration calls or recording a long video clip. Please rest assured that all HTC devices are factory tested before released.

Why doesnít my battery talk time and standby time last as long as the estimates?

Battery performance depends on many factors, including but not limited to your wireless service providerís network configuration, signal strength, and the temperature of the environment.

How do I optimize the battery power?

Battery performance depends on many factors, including network configuration, signal strength, the temperature of the environment in which you operate your phone, the features and/or settings you select and use, items attached to connecting ports, and your voice, data, and other program usage patterns. To increase battery performance you can turn off Bluetooth, GPS, Mobile network, Wi-Fi, notifications, and other options that you may not frequently use. You can also decrease the screen brightness or the screen timeout time.

How long should it take to charge my battery?

Your battery can take up to 3 hours to fully charge using the AC charger. It will take much longer using the USB as that is the trickle charge function.

Why wonít my device power on?

Your battery may be drained or is not seated correctly. Try removing and reinserting the battery. If unsuccessful, try charging the device using the AC charger. You will see an amber light while charging. Once charged, the light changes to green.

Why does it take so long to charge my device using the USB?

The USB cable acts as a trickle charger, so it will take longer than if you were using an AC charger. While the USB will work, it is recommended to use the AC charger, especially if the battery level reaches 10% or below.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Woohoo more good info for new owners.

Ya, thats good info for when you first start using the device. And is always good FYI

I appreciated the USB portion of the power / charging discussion. I was sitting here wondering why I have had it plugged in for 2 hours now and have less battery than when I plugged it in.

That's what happens when you have it plugged in to USB, but are running like 30 things on it... I was just about to make a needless thread about it when I chose to do some reading first.

This is my first smartphone....but I have read & read, changed things on my phone, force stopped applications I dont use much....and my battery life still isnt good... I had a pretty much full battery when I sat here to read what changes I should make to have a better battery life, went into my applications and stopped some.....so in the past 2 hours, my battery has went down to half.....am I missing something??? I hate having to carry a charger wherever I go. Any suggestions?

I agree with all but the first. HTC is a part of the GSMA which decided two years ago that they would move to a standard of micro-USB for chargers. This was to both reduce waste and make chargers truly universal. It's called standardization.

I use my old Droid 1 micro-USB cable and AC adapter at work. There is nothing special about the micro-USB cable, it is not proprietary and the AC adapter outputs the same volts and amps as my HTC provided adapter.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an authority or expert on the matter. If you do use another micro-USB cable or AC adapter and HTC or Verizon find out, it is quite possible that they would consider your warranty void (regardless of how ridiculous that is).

I always wondered why it takes longer to charge via usb rather than ac. Thanks!
    Current Model: Htc Droid Incredible
    Rom: CM7 RC4

Ads