How do I copy files, music, and video between my phone and PC?

This is a discussion on How do I copy files, music, and video between my phone and PC? within the HTC Incredible FAQs forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; To transfer files from your computer to your phone’s storage card, you need to set the phone’s storage card as a USB drive. Connect the ...

+ Reply to Thread

How do I copy files, music, and video between my phone and PC?

To transfer files from your computer to your phone’s storage card, you need to set the phone’s storage card as a USB drive. Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable, and then choose Disk drive from the on-screen menu that appears. The storage card is now mounted as a USB drive. Drag and drop the desired files to your PC to back them up.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMariner View Post
    To transfer files from your computer to your phone’s storage card, you need to set the phone’s storage card as a USB drive. Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable, and then choose Disk drive from the on-screen menu that appears. The storage card is now mounted as a USB drive. Drag and drop the desired files to your PC to back them up.

This doesn't seem to work on my new Incredible. I connect to the PC, select Disk drive and.. nothing... What storage card? Where is it? HOw do I open it. I installed HTC sync as the Verizon store guy recommended but that just crashed my PC. I ready to throw this thing out the window.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    I just got done changing cards. Let me write how I did it on XPSP3 desktop.
    Plugged in phone, selected disk drive, done . Computer did its noise , when screen came up asking what to do with drive M(phone storage)i clicked ignore. Then computer asked what to do with drive N(card) I clicked ignore. I then went to mycomputer selected drive N , opened cut/pasted every folder to to my home screen.
    I then put phone as charge only, then installed new card (after unmount of old) , formatted on phone,changed phone to disk drive, ignored like last time,opened mycomputer again, driveN, cut/pasted folders from home screen.
    Because of this forum I had confidence to do it
    Oh I forgot,I also copy/pasted those folders to my external hard drive before cutting them to the phone SD card so I now have a backup if the card frags

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Can't find information I've added to the phone

I've been trying to find the things that I've added to my phone once I hooked it up the computer but it doesn't seem to be anywhere and unfortunately the booklet that came with the phone doesn't help.
    I've added anything from word documents, pictures, music etc... I can see them on the drive but once the phone is disconnected they do not show up.

Thank you Jim for that info about moving stuff from the phone to the puter, but how do I move files from the laptop to the phone? Do I need a tether app to do this or can the phone do it just cabled to the laptop? When I try to hook up phone as a disc drive I get three additional drives in myC on the laptop, 2 removeable, and one cd drive, but myC says to "insert disc" when I click on them to add a file?? What am I missing here? The phone says the card is in and I have plenty of room on it. Thanks in advance....I guess I'm one of the noobs from the "second wave" LOL!

Rescue Squad
    Check the two removable drives. One will be your phone's internal storage, the other will be your SD card.

Sorry s197 I did that first thing...that was part of the problem...they weren't labeled, and I could not figure out which was which, but I never did get that to work so I just went online with the phone and d/l'd the ones I needed directly to the phone....as with any windows program, there is more than one way to get things done! Thanks for trying tho! Problem solved for now...I have all my reference stuff and parts catalogs on my phone now and can access them as needed and that's all I really needed anyway! Thanks! If ya'll don't mind...I'm gonna hang around here for awhile and see how much I can learn about this incredible little device!

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    The lower lettered one is your internal storage, the next your card . You can rename them.
    As far as adding media, get to the file, right click (assuming a mouse is involved ) send to, pick the drive.
    I always explore the drive after adding media to it and drop music into music , photos into DCIM from my Windows Mobile days but I think the Inc will find them on it's own and just create new folders
    Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Ads