Bluetooth

This is a discussion on Bluetooth within the HTC Incredible FAQs forums, part of the HTC Incredible Assistance category; How do I turn Bluetooth® on/off on my device? From the Home screen, tap Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- How ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth

Bluetooth

How do I turn Bluetooth® on/off on my device?

From the Home screen, tap Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I pair my device with another Bluetooth device?

From the Home screen, press Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings > Scan for devices. Follow on-screen prompts to pair the devices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I transfer files between my phone and other devices via Bluetooth?

To transfer files using Bluetooth, you must pair your device with the device first. To pair the devices, first ensure your other device is discoverable, then please press Menu on the Home screen, and tap Settings > Wireless & networks > turn on Bluetooth > Bluetooth settings > Scan for devices. Your phone will start to scan for Bluetooth devices within range. When you see the name of your other device displayed in the Bluetooth devices section, tap the name. Your phone then automatically tries to pair with the device.

Once the phone is paired with the device, you can send pictures and videos by pressing All Programs > Photos > tap and hold the pictures/videos you want to share > Share > Bluetooth > select the Bluetooth device you want to share the file with.

You can send audio files by pressing All Programs > Music > tap the music you want to share (the music will start playing) > Menu > Share > Bluetooth > select the Bluetooth device you want to share the file with.

You can send contacts by pressing All Programs > People > tap and hold the contact you want to share > Send contact as vCard > tap the down arrow icon, and then select Bluetooth from the displayed list > select the Bluetooth device you want to share the file with.

You can send calendar events by pressing All Programs > Calendar > tap the event date you want to share, and then tap and hold the event > Share vCalendar > Bluetooth > select the Bluetooth device you want to share the file with.

Which Bluetooth profiles and functions does the phone support?

The phone supports the following Bluetooth profiles: Bluetooth Headset, Hands free, A2DP, and FTP, as well as other standard profiles.

2. # ADS
    Ads

How, exactly, do we use our Bluetooth headsets with our Inc? I used voice dialing on my Blackberry, but I haven't yet figured out how to use either of my headsets with my new phone. They're both paired. Help, please?

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
    How, exactly, do we use our Bluetooth headsets with our Inc? I used voice dialing on my Blackberry, but I haven't yet figured out how to use either of my headsets with my new phone. They're both paired. Help, please?
    You can't voice dial with the headset on the Incredible. The commands must be initiated from the phone screen itself. The closest you'll get is the app Voice Dialer HF. The Android software isn't set up for voice dialing.

Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    You can't voice dial with the headset on the Incredible. The commands must be initiated from the phone screen itself. The closest you'll get is the app Voice Dialer HF. The Android software isn't set up for voice dialing.
    Yes, I understand that. What I'm asking is how to use the headset. It's already paired, but I don't know how to actually use it for a call.

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    Ohhhh, sorry about that. When you have Bluetooth enabled and paired, you should be able to just hit the button on your Bluetooth device to answer and hang the phone up. Should route your calls there automatically. As far as calling out, initiate the call from the phone, the sound should route automatically to your Bluetooth.

That's what I thought, too, but it doesn't auto route the calls to the Bluetooth. I was wondering if I had to manually connect to my phone. If that were the case, I'd be really PO'ed.

Waiting for my bluetooth OBDII Scanner to come in. cant wait to link it up and start playing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
    That's what I thought, too, but it doesn't auto route the calls to the Bluetooth. I was wondering if I had to manually connect to my phone. If that were the case, I'd be really PO'ed.
    If its paired and you turn on bluetooth it should connect to the phone automatically. If you dont have bluetooth on already you will have to turn it on manually (which is done a lot easier by a bluetooth toggle widget).

The Q1 by blueant allows voice dialing (sort of It allows voice dialing of your 8 speeddials) also android has app that allows sms messages to be read to you. My only gripe is the 4 hour talktime

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    Quote Originally Posted by rais View Post
    The Q1 by blueant allows voice dialing (sort of It allows voice dialing of your 8 speeddials) also android has app that allows sms messages to be read to you. My only gripe is the 4 hour talktime
    Whatever anyone does, don't buy the Blueant specifically for the voice dialing if you're using that as a basis for your search. Part of Android 2.2 is trying in Bluetooth voice dialing as part of the OS improvement. Should work with any Bluetooth at that point.

Ads