Video with no sound

This is a discussion on Video with no sound within the HTC Incredible Audio / Video forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; Just looked on my phone and it was playing using real player. I downloaded real player on my PC and it played perfectly. When I ...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Just looked on my phone and it was playing using real player. I downloaded real player on my PC and it played perfectly. When I tried convertering it to any other format there was still no sound. Now I have to figure out how to edit it. My Video program will not see it as a video? What a pain in the neck. When I send it I have to tell everyone they need real player.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Just curious, does it play with VLC player?

I tried VLC to change the format and it would not play sound

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    Smarkelmore
    I'm stumped now. I just played some Inc videos last night on my desktop and it was QuickTime that played them and the audio was fine.
    You wrote before they play fine on the phone so my next suggestion would be moot but I know I've had a few that had no audio because I was paired to a Bluetooth earpiece that was in my pocket at the time but there was no audio on any device.
    You wrote you sent the videos before as well how did you send them? Via desktop or from your phone?
    I ask because the Inc has a 5mb email limit so if the video was more than 5 seconds long it was a lower resolution which could be a hint as to what's going on

Support Our Troops!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU
    Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

I sent the files both by e-mail and by dropbox. As I said before Qucktime would not play them with sound only real player on my PC played the videos. Also they are turned on the side and I can't find any program to reverse them without changing the format. If I change the format in any way the sound is gone. Pretty annoying that I can't use the phone to send people video's unless they have real player.

Consider installing the K-Lite codec pack for Windows and the audio should be fine with its default options. This has worked for me on XP and Windows 7 64-bit.

- wader

I loaded several videos from a previous cell phone - not a smart phone - and my Dinc will not play the sound on those either. Only the videos that I recorded with my Dinc and played on my Dinc have sound (videos transferred from my Dinc to my laptop plays sound on my laptop). All previous videos on my laptop were transferred from my last cell phone so any of those transferred from the laptop to the Dinc also do not play sound on my Dinc.

You have checked your volume settings and i think mute button is check on by mistake and may be your sound driver has crashed you can upgrade this and check again and technical support will be good for this problem.

susieq29: I have found that native .3gp files don't play sound on our Windows 7 systems, so we installed codec packs to make up for that.

A standalone media player can do this on its own, as well - I'm surprised that VLC is not working for these files. If you open one of these files in VLC and look at Tools -> Codec information, does it show a codec for the stream that reads as "AMR narrow band (samr)", perhaps?

I have that problem too. The only way I found to get around it is to upload the videos to youtube first, then download them to my computer. Seems stupid to have to do that, though.

Ads