Barcode Scanner / Price Compare App

This is a discussion on Barcode Scanner / Price Compare App within the HTC Incredible Apps forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; I was trying Barcode Scanner and Shop Savy from the market. Thought it would be a pretty cool resource to price match items when shopping ...

+ Reply to Thread

Barcode Scanner / Price Compare App

I was trying Barcode Scanner and Shop Savy from the market. Thought it would be a pretty cool resource to price match items when shopping whether they are on the web or locally.
    I have tried and tried and tried to work the Barcode scanner on the phone with no luck. Tried scanning up close.. a few inches away.. I sit there and sit there and sit there while it supposedly scans but never comes up with anything.
    Am I doing something wrong here or are there better apps on the market to price match/shop with.

Tried Google shop too which btw doesn't show on my app list after its installed so i have to pull it up on market to access it. Weird... But that is mainly for cd's, dvd's, books, etc. Things with some type of art or cover.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Clean the camera lens.

K, I'll give that a shot. It just sits there and scans for minutes. I kinda thought it would scan like the scanners in the store, fairly quickly.
    K thanks Enlightened

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    It's definitely slower than a store scanner. Need to have a little patience with it but once it focuses and you see 2 or 3 green boxes it shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

dunno what the problem is... i see these little green dots pop up on various bars but never gets a match.. just keeps scanning. jeez how still do ya have to hold it and for how long. think i started growing a beard for as long as it was taking lol

Had same prob. With scanners. Then while at BigLots found it just wont scan some stuff. Even if I'd have phone on flat surface and try when it did scan it wouldn't come up with nothing. Is it name brand stuff your trying?
    I think my INC may be pushing the yay explosion button soon.

Yep all name brand stuff I got at stores. Had to stay super still for a loooong time... still scans and scans and scans.... Ughhh oh well....

Try scanlife barcode reader... it comes up with more results sometimes.. I like scanlife better even though there's a splash screen and takes a second longer to load up it generally works faster for me and has more results... though I do have both scanners...

Started using ShopSavvy today for the first time; it managed to come up with all the titles of the books that I scanned, and it actually came up w/ correct addresses for competing stores. You need fairly decent lighting to illuminate the barcode. I wasn't very steady holding the DInc and the book at the same time, so I know I cut off some of the barcodes, but it still managed to find the books. Looks like this is going to be a pretty decent app...
    Bloodhound drool-- the original rubber cement...

Ads