Pandora "skipping" while streaming.

This is a discussion on Pandora "skipping" while streaming. within the HTC Incredible Apps forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; Hey! I'm a new droid owner... switched form a crackberry tour, but it's a major adjustment. One of the issues thats getting under my skin ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pandora "skipping" while streaming.

Hey!
    I'm a new droid owner... switched form a crackberry tour, but it's a major adjustment. One of the issues thats getting under my skin is the fact that every time i start pandora it will play the first 15-45 seconds and randomly skip to the next song!

whats going on? how do I fix this?
    Thx

2. # ADS
    Ads

I had the same issue last night. I deleted the app from my droid and reinstalled it and the problem went away.

Had this happen to me a couple nights ago. It seems that it is occurring more and more ever since updating to 2.2. Will try uninstalling/reinstalling

I've tried battery pulls. And reinstalling the Pandora app. Just for giggles I tried slacker same issue. Not sure if its my phone or the apps. Debating on returning my phone now.

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    There's a known issue with Pandora and Froyo. There was actually supposed to be an update to Pandora yesterday to fix the issue. Have you tried updating it in the past 24 hours?

Yeah just downloaded the app last night. Uninstalled today as well. Skips even if I'm not using the headphone jack. Took advanced task killer off as well. With slacker doing the same kinda makes Mr wonder if its a phone setting of some sort lol. Ionno. I've been trying things all day. Headphones blocker widget didn't fix the problem either.
    Last edited by joshjuniorr; 09-30-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshjuniorr View Post
    Yeah just downloaded the app last night. Uninstalled today as well. Skips even if I'm not using the headphone jack. Took advanced task killer off as well. With slacker doing the same kinda makes Mr wonder if its a phone setting of some sort lol. Ionno. I've been trying things all day. Headphones blocker widget didn't fix the problem either.
    If you have the audio streaming on "High Quality" under Pandora preferences, there is a notice stating there may be more hesitation & skipping.

I prefer to have better quality audio w/ rare skips than poopie audio anyday...but that's just me
    S-Off (Unrevoked3)
    Clockwork MOD Recovery
    ROM: MIUI GB Latest and Greatest
    Kernel: Chad's Incredikernel 2.6.37.6
    Radio: 2.15.00.04.08

Its on normal setting to avoid choppiness. The skipping I'm talkin about isnt like a skipping cd. It stops randomly and skips to the next track

Quote Originally Posted by joshjuniorr View Post
    Its on normal setting to avoid choppiness. The skipping I'm talkin about isnt like a skipping cd. It stops randomly and skips to the next track
    I noticed this too. Nothing like getting into a riff and then it stops while you're still getting on your air guitar

Sent from my ADR6300
    Incredible 2...waiting for the goodies

GTalk & Twitter: vox213
    Have you ever noticed that after Mon and Tues. even the calendar says W T F!!

Any update on this thread?

Seemed to be fixed for a while last year but then it came back. Now I can barely make it through a song with out it skipping and the other day it actually managed to skip its way out of an ad (no complaints there). Anyone else still having this issue?

I tried Slacker as well and I get a forced close error in about the same amount of time. I removed my task killer, cleared the cache, reinstalled the app and nothing seems to work.

Ads