Issues With New Otterbox Defender

This is a discussion on Issues With New Otterbox Defender within the HTC Incredible Accessories forums, part of the HTC Incredible Discussion category; Hello All, Just last Wednesday i picked up an otterbox defender case. And although i am able to get passed its size to appreciate its ...

+ Reply to Thread

Issues With New Otterbox Defender

Hello All,

Just last Wednesday i picked up an otterbox defender case. And although i am able to get passed its size to appreciate its protection and other functions, i am particularly displeased with how lose the silicone case fits over its plastic shell. The issue lies with where the silicone casing "attaches" to the front-face edges. The connection on the bottom of the front-face is particularly poor. I have to re-attach it to the plastic shell just about every other time i pick up the phone. And every single time i remove the phone from a pant or jacket pocket.

Is this a problem that sounds familiar to others or is it possible i have a defective otterbox?

-Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

I have the same issue but doesn't occur as often and doesn't really bother me. I actually had a bigger gripe about stuff sneaking into the little hole for the real pad so I shoved my backup fifty dollar bill between the hard case and my phone and there is less pocket linky and stuff getting in now.

Both things have been problems for me. Actually, the fitting seems to vary a bit. My old BB Otterbox Commuter had plastic shell covering the rubber and that was very nice.

Dust getting through the trackball hole is more annoying than I originally thought. It keeps increasing.

My biggest problem with the case is the screen protector. It is difficult to get Shapewriter/Swype to work as well as it does with a regular screen protector or without any at all.

My son also has a DINC and I gave him the OB Defender for Christmas which had this problem. He called OB customer support this past week and they immediately sent him a new case and told him that this was an occasional issue with the silicone cover and that these cases have a year warranty. They also said to keep the old box! Nice company.

Thanks for the help. I ordered an OB commuter today. I called OB today. And was told that its commonand almost expected for the outer rubber shell to detach at its cornerd. This is because it is intended to be carried on a belt. The commuter is meant for pockets and comes with a crystal clearcover. Anyone want a defender? I got one for sale haha

The commuter arrive yesterday and it is also pretty incredible. In and out of pocket with ease. Good button/port protection. And its screen cover is of a more rigid material than an invisishield. It is somewhere in between an invisishield and the attached screen protector on the defender. But it adheres to the screen so that dust etc cant get in there. It is also substantially smaller than the defender. Yet i still feel like it is extremely well protected. I guess ill have to see how it holds up over time. So far so good

I actually had a bigger gripe about stuff sneaking into the little hole for the real pad so I shoved my backup fifty dollar bill between the hard case and my phone and there is less pocket linky and stuff getting in now.

try the karken not worried about anything getting in.not water dirt,dust,nothing they may be a little big but worth it.

Ads