Tried to install MIUI rom and stuck on MIUI loading screen and cant do anything else.

This is a discussion on Tried to install MIUI rom and stuck on MIUI loading screen and cant do anything else. within the Hacking Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Development category; Im pretty new to ROMS and this is the third I have tried, but I am freaking out that I have bricked my phone or ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tried to install MIUI rom and stuck on MIUI loading screen and cant do anything else.

Im pretty new to ROMS and this is the third I have tried, but I am freaking out that I have bricked my phone or something. I cant get past the MIUI loading screen. It says MIUI then has a loading bar and the little android guy winking in the corner. It shows this for a minute then goes black then does it all over again. What can I do? Please hurry I need to be able to use my phone thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Do you have a backup you can load?

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    If you don't have a backup, perhaps also load a different ROM and try installing that. Redemption or Skyraider. Something mild like that. Flash it and see if it carries through. If it does, you may have a bad MIUI download.

Phone: iPhone 4S
    Jailbroken

Tablet: Nexus 7
    BAMF Paradigm 2.0

Tablet: iPad 3

http://twitter.com/jkhonea

jkhonea94@gmail.com

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    BTW, you can load that by downloading to a hard drive, pulling the SD card from your phone and copying the files directly onto it on your computer. Then install the ROM.

Jailbroken

BAMF Paradigm 2.0

jkhonea94@gmail.com

Hey thanks I got it to work. I did not remember how to get into revocery (holding down and power) and I was able to load up my backup , but now I am having trouble getting redemption to install? I downloaded it to my macbook then put it onto SD card and tried to install in via rom manager and could not get it? when i go into the redemption_rom_2 folder i find like 5 .zip files and I don't know which one is the ROM. there is a backup_assistant.zip and the others are like "xxxxnoclock.zip" (not xxxxxxx but you get what I mean) I got uncommon sense to work, i just downloaded it on rom manger directly to phone, but I cant get redemption to run? Help would be appreciated. thanks!! I tried to install the first one which is called something like redemption_rom_stock_anamations.zip and i got stuck at the white HTC incredible screen and the phone would not boot up. I think possibly I need to have a newer radio, how do I update the radio?
    Last edited by Parker22; 12-09-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    First, which radio are you on? My gut feeling is that you are okay on that one. Second, my next inclination is to have you pull the SD Card and clean it up, meaning take all ROM's you're not working with off it. Completely. And then load Redemption directly on the SD Card. If you are digging to animation, my thought is that the Mac is unzipping the folder automatically. A big no-no for ROM's. They need to stay completely zipped and in one folder for ROM installation.

Try these settings adjustments on the Mac to see if it stops unzipping the ROM.

Safari->Preferences->General
    Uncheck "Open Safe Files After Downloading

Check those items and lets see where we are.

Jailbroken

BAMF Paradigm 2.0

jkhonea94@gmail.com

Alright I just did that in safari. I have located the redemption_final.zip or whatever its named and i tried to install it with no luck. Got stuck on the HTC incredible white loading screen. My radio version is 1.00.03xxx (cant remember). Should I re download the redemption rom now that I have changed my safari settings? Im going to clear off a lot of my memory card now. am I safe if I delete everything except the rom I am using and my backup?

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    That's it. Your radio is too low. You need to be in the 2.xx range. Hold off on Redemption. Need to get your radio lifted.

Jailbroken

BAMF Paradigm 2.0

jkhonea94@gmail.com

Administrator
    Twitter
    jkhonea
    OK, check out this link and see about bringing the radio up. Bringing it into 2.xx is going to open up SO many options to you.

Radios. The how-to.

Jailbroken

BAMF Paradigm 2.0

jkhonea94@gmail.com

Thank you I will read it!

Ads